Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Batgirl (Arbi & Fallah, TBD 2022?) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oakhurst, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

oh shit. thats what I meant to put.

I kid. Scott Snyder is the reason I started reading DC. His Swamp Thing and Batman runs are all time greats. His team up stuff is weird but good. Love all of his horror work.

xapplexpiex and Meerkat like this.
  2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Ouch

3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Ownership of intellectual property has probably never mattered more in the entertainment industries than it does now. I cannot imagine someone owning Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Joker, and Harley Quinn right now… and deciding, “nah, there’s no money in these brands!”

Maybe they’d someday license the characters out to other studios if that felt more profitable in the long run. But, I don’t see why anyone would let go of that ownership on purpose.

I don’t read as much DC as Marvel, nor do I read a lot of big event stuff, nor do I get into Marvel Studios’ “narrative”/plans like I used to… I much prefer Venom 2 and Birds of Prey over Infinity War, lol. So, idk!

I know Josh Williamson is their current big picture guy in the comics. So, if they wanted a committee of comics people planning a big event film, him & Snyder would be logical picks. I’d be more into Grant Morrison doing that, but I’m pretty sure they’re officially over the whole corporate superhero thing, lol.

Henry likes this.
  4. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Where are scene points when you need them?

5. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

His Batman is one of my favorite Big 2 runs.

6. Dodge725

Trusted

I would agree if they were only doing Gotham characters or Justice League Dark, but his Justice League didn’t work as well for me. Felt like it wanted to be Morrison, but was missing something.

7. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Wtf is going on

8. Dodge725

Trusted

Yeah I wouldn’t have asked this 48 hrs ago, but it seems like WB is really hurting and I can see a scenario where Netflix or Amazon makes them a crazy offer and they actually listen to it. Your point about licensing though is interesting and much more likely now that I think about it.

9. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I guess we’re probably gonna lose the Harley Quinn animated series too?

11. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

That's my biggest fear. Harley, The Rehearsal and Hacks are what I care about most on HBO Max

soggytime likes this.
  12. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Damn I didn't know Brendan Fraser was slated to be in this. If we missed a Doom Patrol crossover, I'm real pissed

coleslawed likes this.
  13. Greg

He was not that character here. Not sure why I’m staying vague because there is no movie to spoil.

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Contender, soggytime and imthesheriff like this.
  18. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

19. Greg

Looks like they made a trailer before the cancelation and it got leaked.

just kidding, it’s not real. But it looks cool nonetheless. The Corridor guys made this.

20. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

kind of a weird take

“The fans really wanted to see this film made. Leslie Grace is a dynamo,” Fraser said. “The movie was shot and conceived for a smaller screen. In this age that we’ve come out of now between streaming service versus theatrical release, it wound up being the canary in the coal mine. What did we learn from this? Work with trusted filmmakers, like Darren.”

21. Meerkat

Yeah because it’s not like at some point “trusted” filmmakers will stop making movies or die and create the need for new and more filmmakers

22. Sorry to bump a dead thread for a dead movie, but for those curious...

:tear:

23. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Looked like Burton's Beetlejuice-like Gotham?

PASS
    A
    S
    S

24. Meerkat

I’d heard mixed things from people who saw screenings/clips. It seems like it would’ve been hit or miss mainstream wise but probably would’ve had a cult following. At bare minimum it seemed refreshing that it wasn’t the standard look that all the Marvel movies have had over the last few years

imthesheriff likes this.