Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Batgirl (Arbi & Fallah, TBD 2022?) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oakhurst, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Idk how connected this guy is, but I wouldn't be surprised if they scrap other projects. Can't imagine they're stoked about having to spend money on marketing a movie where their main star can't do press on account of being a scumbag. I just hope they don't scrap Blue Beetle.

Raku likes this.
  2. soggytime

Trusted

Nolan was right to leave WB. Holy fucking shit this will be the death of Warner Bros, HBO, DC Films, Adult Swim and more cool things. Fuck Discovery

Raku likes this.
  3. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Would not be surprised if they cancel Blue Beetle or the flash at this point.

4. Dodge725

Trusted

I know this is a leap, but does WB end up selling DC in not so distant future? It seems like they are really scaling back and changing focus and with other companies looking for big streaming tent poles it’s something that I hadn’t thought was possible before, but this news is making me wonder.

Raku and JoshIsMediocre like this.
  5. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Would love to see Disney snatch that up, too.

6. Morrissey

Trusted

Why would you want Disney to own any more than they already do? They already dumped a lot of the Fox movies once they merged.

7. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

absolutely fuck that. Keep disney far away from everything they dont own already. they already have way too much

soggytime, RyanPm40 and Tim like this.
  8. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

My guess is they weren't sure how to market this and were afraid it would flop. They'll see if there's an online groundswell like for the Snyder Cut and drop it on HBO Max if they get enough free marketing.

9. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

But we DID get new Ice Age.

coleslawed likes this.
  10. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I hope there is some way this can be saved

Raku likes this.
  11. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

it was already supposed to just be an hbo max release

Raku likes this.
  12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

How about don't let these giant companies merge and destroy the hard work of hundreds of people.

Raku, soggytime, solxace and 6 others like this.
  13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

DC needs to figure out what it wants to do and then get someone in charge. They need their Kevin Feige.

WB execs cannot make a good DC roadmap because they are not invested in the source material.

Raku likes this.
  14. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

I’ve never wanted a dislike button more than reading that Disney should acquire DC

15. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

So what company do you think could provide the quality of work that is expected at this time outside of anyone under the Peacock/Disney umbrella if it were to be sold off?

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Sony
    Batgirl vs Morbius

17. Meerkat

Disney controlling Marvel and DC would absolutely destroy the VFX industry. And that’s not even getting into what it would do to the industry as a whole

GrantCloud and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I don't really understand the question.

These companies all existed under separate banners for almost 100 years. Now you have Comcast, Disney, etc owning buying companies for billions and scrapping projects like they are nothing. I'll take A24 films over Justice League shit every day of the week.

Everything Everywhere did more with $10 million than any Marvel movie ever has. Spending $500 million on a movie speaks nothing to the quality.

Raku, Brent and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  19. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I'll admit the thought of Disney owning DC crossed my mind, but only in a self-destructive, anarchic burn-it-all-down kind of way.

Although we would get Marvel vs. DC out of it. That's a positive.

Brent likes this.
  20. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

I think he's asking what company would have the funds, will, and passion to make excellent DC movies. Of course, if you don't give a fuck-all about it, that question will be meaningless.

Brent likes this.
  21. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Penlab put it much better than I did.

Penlab likes this.
  22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I want to see have Universal do it, but they fucked up their own universe.

Penlab likes this.
  23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

It'd be great to have someone like Scott Snyder putting together the overarching stories. I feel like he has a great grasp on the DC universe. Clearly Geoff Johns was the wrong guy to take it on. Hard to say who would be a good fit being the catastrophe it is.

@Tim who do you think would be a good EP?

24. Meerkat

I misread that as Zack Snyder and my brain almost exploded

25. drewinseries

Drew

Worried about Blue Beetle.

was reading if WB claims a loss on it for tax purposes can’t be ever be released for money.