Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Batgirl (Arbi & Fallah, TBD 2022?) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oakhurst, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Set photos of Jurnee Smollett and a stunt double wearing a version of the Michael Keaton Batman suit (in seemingly a flashback)… This is gonna be such a wild, fun DC film, lol.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Let’s gooooooo

3. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Torn between thinking it looks dope up close and thinking it looks like a Power Rangers villain from far away.

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

fuck this

Raku likes this.
  7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

holy fuck. thats a lot of money down the drain

Raku likes this.
  8. Tim

I’m confused.

The film is nearly done and was being made for HBO Max… and this report alleges that the company wants to work with the star and directors again… but then they considered releasing it in theaters… but because it doesn’t fit some arbitrary criteria for a theatrical event film, they’re just abandoning the whole thing? Why not, idk, wrap things up and use it as HBO Max “content,” as originally intended.

I’m kinda curious if the real sticking point is this having Michael Keaton in it, who’s supposed to be introduced in that Flash film starring that toxic disaster Ezra Miller.

Raku and Henry like this.
  9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

justice for Scoob Holiday Haunt

Brent and Contender like this.
  10. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Scoob holiday haunt? They’ve crossed the line on this one

JRGComedy and Brent like this.
  11. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Truly insane that there’s a movie staring Michael Keaton as Batman, in a role that has been described as a co-lead… that just won’t be released!?

12. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I wish I could waste $90 million like that

Raku, RyanPm40, Brent and 2 others like this.
  13. I'm also confused. I don't understand not finishing it and dumping it on HBO Max if it's already been filmed. Is the post-production cost really so much that they'd rather just shelve it?

Raku likes this.
  14. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

What in the fuck?

Raku likes this.
  15. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

16. drewinseries

Drew

This is wild.

granted I thought it was going to be pretty poor and absolutely hated the costume, but this is wild.

17. Greg

18. Tim

The costume ruled. Everything that was publicly known about this ruled. Most anticipated upcoming DC film before being canned. Alas, 'twas not to be.

19. But they gave how much to allow Snyder to patch up Justice League?

DC might wanna take a break for a bit.

Raku and coleslawed like this.
  20. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Makes absolutely no sense.

Raku likes this.
  21. Greg

But that was completely different management

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  22. Tim

Honestly, with the principal photography being done, if there’s not any additional shooting with the main actors required…

I wouldn’t be shocked if we still ended up seeing this someday. Even if it’s not for several years.

You don’t just sit on a nearly completed Batman spinoff film, with Michael Keaton and JK Simmons in it, and never do anything with it.

23. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Justice for Scoob

Brent and mattav152 like this.
  24. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I can understand not wanting to spend money on marketing and just letting it flop, but scrapping it entirely and not letting it see the light of day is odd. Just toss it on HBO Max

People will still watch it even if it’s terrible. We’ve sat through Suicide Squad (2016).

25. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

It does seem really bizarre to nearly complete a film and then can it. Like... at this point, I would think to release it just to get whatever I could out of it.

They've spent so much money already, would they really be losing more by finishing and putting it out there than just writing off what they've already done?

Raku likes this.