Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Postpone Seasons Due to Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

The NBA season has been suspended:

The NBA suspended its season after a Utah Jazz player tested positive Wednesday for the coronavirus.

“The NBA is suspending game play following the conclusion of [Wednesday’s] schedule of games until further notice,” the league said in a statement issued shortly after 9:30 p.m. ET. “The NBA will use this hiatus to determine next steps for moving forward in regard to the coronavirus pandemic.”

The baseball season is expected to be suspended:

Major League Baseball is expected to suspend the remainder of spring training Thursday in response to the coronavirus pandemic, sources tell ESPN’s Jeff Passan.

Sources tell Passan that they expect the league will likely delay the beginning of the regular season as well.

The MLS is postponed for 30 days:

MLS has suspended its season for 30 days while the U.S. Soccer Federation has canceled scheduled friendlies due to the coronavirus pandemic, the organizations have announced.

The NHL has been suspended:

The NHL has suspended its season because of the rapid spread of the coronavirus but hopes to resume in the future.

There are 189 games and three and a half weeks remaining in the NHL’s regular season. There were 10 games on the NHL slate Thursday.

“The NHL has been attempting to follow the mandates of health experts and local authorities, while preparing for any possible developments without taking premature or unnecessary measures,” the league said in a statement. “However, following last night’s news that an NBA player has tested positive for coronavirus — and given that our leagues share so many facilities and locker rooms and it now seems likely that some member of the NHL community would test positive at some point — it is no longer appropriate to try to continue to play games at this time.

The college basketball tournaments are being canceled:

The Power 5 leagues — the ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, SEC and Pac-12 — canceled their men’s basketball conference tournaments on Thursday while a pair of historic schools announced an indefinite shutdown of athletic travel.

This is unlike anything I’ve ever seen in my lifetime.

2. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

La Liga is being suspended and the Real Madrid team is under quarantine. There’s not going to be much for me to watch while all of my classes are online.

Turkeylegz likes this.