Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Basement Sign With Fueled by Ramen

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Basement have signed with Fueled by Ramen Records. They will be releasing a deluxe re-issue of Promise Everything on March 3rd and have released a new version of the title track. The full press release can be found below.

Fueled By Ramen is proud to announce the signing of Basement. Formed in Ipswich, England, Basement is comprised of brothers Andrew Fisher (Vocals) and James Fisher (Drums), Alex Henery (Guitar / Vocals), Ronan Crix (Guitar), and Duncan Stewart (Bass). Together they have gripped listeners and press around the globe with their dissonant, melodic rock compositions. Fueled By Ramen,in partner with Run For Cover will release a deluxe reissue of Basement’s critically adored album, Promise Everything, which will include remixed / remastered versions of the original release’s 10 songs and four bonus tracks: a cover of The Cardigan’s “My Favourite Game,” acoustic versions of “Aquasun,” “Blinded Bye,” and the acoustic track “Cloud,” which originally appeared on a limited run 7” (see cover art & track listing attached).
    Pre-orders for Basement’s deluxe reissue of Promise Everything are available now at all digital service providers with exclusive colored vinyl and CDs available for pre-order at the Fueled By Ramen webstore. All orders will receive an instant download of a brand new version of the album’s title track, “Promise Everything,” which is streaming now on Fueled By Ramen’s YouTube channel. The deluxe reissue of Promise Everything will be released digitally on March 3rd, with CDs becoming available March 17th and vinyl LPs arriving May 19th.

Andrew Fisher explains, “When we recorded the album Promise Everything we didn’t have the luxury of time. The concept of sitting on songs and making sure we were happy with their arrangement was alien to us. With the re-release of the record we felt it was the perfect opportunity to go back to the song we thought was the strongest and make it as good as we could. Here’s what we came up with! Thanks for checking it out.”

Next month, Basement will head out on a UK headline tour, which is set to get underway with a sold-out performance on February 28th at Joiners in Southampton, England. The tour will see Basement performing multiple nights at clubs throughout the UK, which includes a three-night sold out residency at London’s Bush Hall – already nine of the tour’s eleven shows are sold-out. The nearly sold-out trek is set to continue through mid-march. Following their UK run, Basement will head out on a North American tour with Thursday and Touche Amore which is set to begin March 28th at Boston, Massachusetts’ House of Blues.

Track Listing

1. Brother’s Keeper
    2. Hanging Around
    3. Lose Your Grip
    4. Aquasun (Remixed)
    5. Submission
    6. Oversized
    7. Blinded Bye
    8. For You The Moon
    9. Promise Everything (Re-recorded)
    10. Halo
    11. My Favourite Game
    12. Aquasun (Acoustic)
    13. Blinded Bye (Acoustic)
    14. Cloud

2. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Surprised by this news, and it seems particularly odd to remaster an album that was already so polished, and is several albums into their discography - but maybe I should be focusing more on the "remixed" description of the reissue

3. All of this is out of nowhere. Curious to see where this band goes, I got bored of their last record very quickly but colourmeinkindness still holds a special place in my heart.

EDIT: The new version of the "title track" is not mixed very well and not noticeably different but cool I guess?

4. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Haven't had a good chance to sit down and compare both versions, but this version of Promise Everything sounds a lot worse on first listen. Especially the vocal performance.
    Love this band and curious where they go from here now that they're signed to FBR. Needless to say, I'm shocked about the signing.

5. untilitkills83

hmm, where did this effort come from? thought promise everything was a good album to begin with. as with all 'remix' versions of songs, i'm always particular to that first form i heard it in, i'm sure after a few spins this will grow on me but that original version of the album was pretty damn good. best of luck to these dudes.

6. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Their debut is one of my favourite post-hardcore records in recent years for sure, and the last two were both great too.

I'm hoping that this allows them to get more coverage over here on Radio 1, etc. They get played on the rock shows but not during prime time, and I think a song like this, Brothers Keeper, or Aquasun would sound great during drive time to represent young British emo/rock bands. We have Moose Blood, Creeper and Deaf Havana getting a lot of airtime but another addition would be great.

British rock has a bright future ahead. Deaf Havana, Basement, Milk Teeth, Zoax, Marmozets, Creeper, Trash Boat, Boston Manor and more.

pauljgreco likes this.
  7. KyleK

I didn't realize Moose Blood was getting mainstream radio airtime over there - I can totally see how, but didn't know they were. Good on'em!

pauljgreco likes this.
  8. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah they were getting attention back on the first album but not as much. Honey and Knuckles got played on R1 a bit. I'm excited for the future of rock music on these shores and the mainstream for the first time in a long time.

For too long our rock music was represented by the worst bands - You Me At Six, newer Lower Than Atlantis, etc.

9. KyleK

I always wanted Tellison to take off over there - and then hopefully be able to tour in North America too. Never happened though, and the one time I did see them in England had a sadly small crowd (great performance though!).