Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Basement - Promise Everything (January 29, 2016) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Drew Beringer, Jan 17, 2016.

1. I like this album.

KidLightning, teebs41 and Toner like this.
  2. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

I never listened to this band before, and then saw a news submission for their song "Aquasun," and am now hooked.

teebs41 likes this.
  3. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I like this album too.

4. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

My first real experience with this band was this album and it's just incredible. I listen to it just about every day.

5. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

Loved the first album, the second never really did much for me. How does this compare to those? I haven't really heard a lot about it since it was released a couple months ago.

6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

In an even more poppy and melodic direction

Timmiluvs likes this.
  7. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

Basement will go down as one of my favorite bands. the first album is perfect, the second one was just what I wanted, and Promise Everything just expanded on the sound that I loved.

h8bit likes this.
  8. MFA

See you in hell, or see you when I see you. Prestigious

I listened to it a couple times and liked it but I just haven't felt the need to return to it past the opening track tbh

Was the same with CMIK I guess so no big surprises

9. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Title track is too good. I really wasn't huge on their past two albums, tbh, but this one I dig.

10. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

I don't know what to think of this band, honestly. I feel like I'm not giving them a fair chance, but my first listen of this album made me think they're sort of...boring?

11. Hallowsandhoots

formerly alligator blood Prestigious

I like this band on record but i've seen them twice now and they've been flat both times.

12. cherrywaves

Trusted

I love their first two LP's, and the Further Sky EP, but this is just...meh. Definitely bummed. Love the opener, though

13. atranslantic

aka PeeDster

I like all their albums but I like each new release less than the one before (since IWICSH)

14. atranslantic

aka PeeDster

Check out their album "I Wish I Could Stay Here"...I think that's their best by far.

Lindsay M likes this.
  15. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I visit this album a lot. Might think it's more consistent than the sophomore record, but colourmeinkindness has better single songs (like the four song opening stretch). I don't like the debut all that much.

16. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I loved CMIK, thought IWICSH was decent, and only listened to this once or twice

17. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

if I remember correctly, was there a review coming from you? or did I mess that up.

18. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

drew only actually posts about 25% of the reviews he says he's going to, gotta chance it never happening

19. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Still enjoy this a lot, it's my favorite record of theirs I'm pretty sure.

20. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Out of the 3 singles, "Oversized" was my favorite. During the first two months of the record, "Aquasun" grabbed my attention as my favorite track. Now, it would probably "Hanging Around". "Halo" is the only song that doesn't do anything for me. Like, it closes the album and it does what it does, but I don't particularly find myself being excited to hear it. I'm also never excited to hear "For You The Moon", but when it's on, I always have a good time.

Jose likes this.
  21. Jose

weightless in the valley

This is my fourth favorite album of the year, chasing behind Hands Like Houses, Pinegrove and Somos. "Aquasun" and "Blinded Bye" are my favorite tracks, they're just a good time. Especially the opening of Blinded Bye, where Andrew starts singing without any instrumentation and then it comes to support the words. That caught me upon first listen and it's my favorite piece of the album.

22. T.J.

music and baseball.

I am not sure what it is, but after a few listens I can't get into this album as much as Colourmeinkindness did. I really enjoyed that album a lot, too.

23. TOS_Matt

I'm not sure what guitar pedals they played with in the studio for the bridge of "For You The Moon" but it's awesome. Listen from 2:04-2:33, love how it leads into the next part.

24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

enjoying this record at the moment.

KidLightning likes this.
  25. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I revisited this album the other day and it's basically been on repeat since.

sean_rugy and KidLightning like this.