Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Basement - Promise Everything (January 29, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Drew Beringer, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

They just finished their set and my god I almost fell asleep standing up

MFA likes this.
  2. owenlongsworth

Regular

They've left Run For Cover and signed with Fueled By Ramen and will be releasing a deluxe edition of Promise Everything on March 3rd with 4 bonus tracks.

"There's been a lot going on behind the scenes with Basement as of late and we're excited to finally share some of that with you all. In December, we took a chance and signed a new record deal with the people at Fueled By Ramen. We can't pretend that this was an easy decision to make because up until this point, we owe so much of everything that’s happened to Run For Cover. That being said, time is short and even more so in the world of music and when you're presented with an ...incredible opportunity such as this, you have to give it a shot. Thank you to RFC for always supporting us and a MASSIVE thank you to FBR for taking a chance on us. We are very excited for the future.

We will be releasing a deluxe version of “Promise Everything” via FBR on March 3rd. When we recorded the album Promise Everything we didn't have the luxury of time. The concept of sitting on songs and making sure we were happy with their arrangement was alien to us. With the re-release of the record we felt it was the perfect opportunity to go back to the song we thought was the strongest and make it as good as we could."

KidLightning likes this.
  3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

what the fuck
    that's so weird

4. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

That's the weirdest news in a while, FBR? For real?

5. Jose

weightless in the valley

Uh? Sure, I guess?

6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

it makes some sense if they are going after radio and trying to expand their fan base... FBR is good with those things, not sure their sound fits the label but maybe I am wrong

KidLightning likes this.
  7. cherrywaves

Trusted

It's not really that surprising. I can't imagine they were going to be on RFC forever

8. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

It actually is pretty surprising. I didn't expect them to stay on RFC forever, but of all labels, Fueled by Ramen?

sean_rugy likes this.
  9. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

this is weird.

10. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

the reason FBR is surprising is less because their sound and more because i feel like they've plateaued, FBR generally gets bands that are on the upswing while basement has at least stayed in place since the reunion.

this'll help obviously, i can see them opening for paramore

Joe4th likes this.
  11. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Cool. Why not

12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Very unexpected but cool.

Can't see them getting huge but I'd love to be proved wrong

13. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Good for them. It's been clear that they've wanted to take this band as far as they can since the reunion and this is definitely a good step in that direction.

14. weird move imo, hope it works for them

15. new version of "Promise Everything"

this sounds way better imo. sharper

musicfan9795 and KidLightning like this.
  16. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

I think I like the new version over the original. Bridge definitely makes it stronger.

17. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Good on them but for their sake I hope it doesn't go south the way pretty much every other band from this scene making the leap to a larger label has over the last 10 years.

18. cherrywaves

Trusted

I'm actually kinda shocked that this didn't happen to Turnover first

19. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Turnover is too busy trying to look adult and meanwhile this band is trying to be Jimmy Eat World at their most accessible so i get it. still was weird to read this tho

also the Front Bottoms made a very good album after making the leap to FBR, but yeah idk any other bands from the scene (in recent memory) that went to labels that size and did well that weren't like. labels with a good history

Iago and Zac Djamoos like this.
  20. Iago

forbidden chalice.

This doesn't surprise me all that much. Aquasun has JEW vibes and Paramore was partially influenced by Jimmy Eat World. I can see the small sonic connections.

Hanging Around and Blinded Bye have great hooks too. They catch me by surprise now and then. I wouldn't be surprised to see an accessible route. I'd be down for it for sure.

21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Sounds like a different recording; was it just remastered or remixed too??

22. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

This was re-recorded. The rest of the album is remixed/remastered.

23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

That makes sense ha

24. Was the whole thing remixed? I'm interested

musicfan9795 likes this.
  25. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Love this song/album, but truly think the vocals on the newer version of Promise Everything sound awful compared to the original.