Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Basement - Beside Myself (October 12, 2018) Album • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by slowheart, Jul 31, 2018.

beachdude and trevorshmevor like this.
  2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

For real though Neck Deep do deserve prison. Or, at least a member or two of the band does.

3. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

lol wut

4. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Wow lol

beachdude and mattav152 like this.
  6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

7. trevorshmevor Apr 26, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 26, 2019)
    Are You The One is a b-side, the other track is literally just the album version of Be Here Now for some reason lol

8. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

The record store day 7”

9. Ohhhh. Okay that makes a lot more sense then

10. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

This track really would fit perfectly almost anywhere on the record but I do appreciate that they kept it balanced with the even split between the A/B sides

11. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I owe this album a revisit

beachdude and mattav152 like this.
  12. mattav152

Couldn't find a tour thread but dang the tour they're on right now with Nothing and Teenage Wrist came to Boston last night and it was awesome. They sounded fantastic and the rest of the bands including a last minute opening set from Fiddlehead were on point too. Real glad I got to see all these bands play for the first time (except Basement)

trevorshmevor likes this.
  13. flask

Trusted Supporter

Whaaaaaat I love Fiddlehead.

14. mattav152

Same! It was a perfect addition to the line up tbh. Pat has so much fucking energy. Dude went down into the crowd at least twice haha

15. cherrywaves

Trusted

Can also confirm last night’s gig was a banger

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I was so stoked to see them at Sonic Temple Sunday and they had to cancel :(

17. flask

Trusted Supporter

Wish this tour with Nothing came out west.

18. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

This album is my personal favorite of theirs and I believe it to be their best.

That being said, their set tonight at Sound & Fury had no new songs and only two from Promise Everything. It was a fucking great time

19. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Still jam this album a ton. It’s my favourite from them easy.

20. Iago

forbidden chalice.

been on a big Basement kick lately but man, I really wish the original mix of Promise Everything was on streaming services. I can't get behind the title track in the context of the rest of the album in the remaster; it sounds so out of place.

jordalsh likes this.
  21. this whole thing was just bizarre to me lol

22. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I agree. I get that they wanted to sort of "rebrand" themselves as they signed onto FBR and used the remaster to put something on the label, but the way they practically erased the original from existence is so weird. I remember having both versions on Spotify and one day the original disappeared. The title track went from one of my favorites to one of my least favorites. It's fine when listening to it separate from the album though.

23. i added the original cd onto my itunes/apple music for this very reason lol

24. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Yesterday was the 10 year anniversary of I Wish I Could Stay Here!

So many great albums came out in 2011 that shaped my current music taste, and defined a pivotal time in my life between high school and college.

Bartek T. and Nick like this.
  25. btr

Trusted Supporter

2011 was a monster year, particularly in the summer

Chcurry182 likes this.