Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Basement - Beside Myself (October 12, 2018) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by slowheart, Jul 31, 2018.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

All three singles for this are so good. Can’t wait.

solxace and KidLightning like this.
  2. Kmil

Trusted

This thing comes out tomorrow and no one's talking about it. I'm excited for it, surprised it hasn't leaked, but I think that's pretty awesome.

solxace likes this.
  3. solxace

oh word?

It’s out there

Kmil likes this.
  4. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Too much good stuff came out last week that I'm still enjoying, so I am fine to wait and give this a listen tomorrow morning. I enjoy the two singles I have heard though.

5. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

I’m quite excited to listen to this. Seeing them live next week, and it looks like they play a lot from this album.

6. Kmil

Trusted

Oh shoot you're right, slow work day today so time to dive into this.

solxace likes this.
  7. abear182

Regular

Honestly so far after 1 listen I think the 3 songs they released where the best!

But I will need to give it more time.

8. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

This is one of my most anticipated for the rest of the year but the rollout has felt somewhat long so I've been trying to avoid thinking about it or overplaying the singles. Also theres soooooo many other good records constantly coming out this year that I have no issue putting my excitement for this on the backburner. Based on what I've read from people and the songs out so far, my hopes are high for this to be a big record for these guys.

9. Nothing Left is a banger

10. i have an extra ticket for their show in LA tonight if any of y’all are interested

teebs41 and flask like this.
  11. flask

Trusted Supporter

I am

12. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

"Be Here Now" reminds me a little bit of Spitalfield, I think.

marceting and trevorshmevor like this.
  13. Kmil

Trusted

So I didn't have a chance to listen to this the whole way through but I can safely say "New Coast" is the shit

14. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Heavy heavy JEW vibes for sure. Particularly that guitar break in “Nothing Left”. Really into this.

15. New Coast is so catchy

16. DesireToPlease

Regular

The highlight for me was definitely Right Here.

17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

i forgot to listen to this, this morning. so mad I was really looking forward to checking it out. TONIGHT!!

18. This is mad good, I don’t think it tops Colourmeinkindness for me but I really love it. Huge step up from the last one

19. jorbjorb

7 rings

love this

teebs41 likes this.
  20. Windowsdown

I'm glad we're around to witness this band releasing bomb after bomb every couple of years.

21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I’m tired so I read this as “This is not good”
    at first and I was just like... oh :(

ECV likes this.
  22. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

all the best parts of JEW and the 90's early 00's on one album. super into this already and a massive step up from their last.

Polaris and teebs41 like this.
  23. andrewcloer

Lurking AP since 2005. Lurking Chorus since 2016.

Really enjoying this record so far. I feel like it seems to lack a little urgency that I associate with this band in some parts, but it may just be the cleaner vocal production. Definitely into the JEW vibed songs.

24. review on Monday hopefully

25. DesireToPlease

Regular

My only gripe is that it lacks any sort of aggression and seems a bit formulaic but I know it'll become one of my favorites

teebs41 likes this.