Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Basement - Beside Myself (October 12, 2018) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by slowheart, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

I mean they are on Fueled By Ramen now after all.

2. I
    ALWAYS BELIEVED IN FUTURES

jordalsh and jorbjorb like this.
  3. flask

Trusted Supporter

Album art reminds me of Some Are Lakes, one of the greatest albums ever put to tape.

Night_Sky likes this.
  4. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

This is peak Basement

mattav152 likes this.
  5. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

HERE FOR IT AS FUCK

6. This is...different. Really upbeat for them. Gonna have to revisit Promise Everything

7. btr

Trusted Supporter

Gonna give them a shot. I have some friends who LOVE Basement. Never clicked for me, so hopefully this is it.

8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

like the song

9. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

As always, an absolute home run. I love these guys and this is no different. I still think their debut is my favourite but I love the evolution they have taken and will continue to back them.

beachdude42 and sonder like this.
  10. This album....

11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

sonder likes this.
  12. I like love this song

sean_rugy likes this.
  13. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

it's pretty great. glad they seem to be moving in a different direction, as much as I enjoy emo Basement.

14. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

song rips for sure.

15. i do not like the re recorded promise everything

marceting likes this.
  16. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Love the song.. Promise Everything never did much for me after my initial listen. Hoping this album will change that

17. Revisited Promise Everything yesterday. It's fine, but definitely their weakest album with some highlights throughout ("Oversized," "Promise Everything," "Halo"). This one oughtta be interesting.

18. This is a ton better than the last album (which I enjoyed a lot)

beachdude42, solxace and teebs41 like this.
  19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah the last album was definitely their weakest but there were still great songs running through out.

20. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

I really loved Brother's Keeper on that last album, always find myself singing to it every now and then

SamLevi11 likes this.
  21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Brothers Keeper, Hanging Around, Aquasun, Oversized and Promise Everything were all good imo

marceting likes this.
  22. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Blinded Bye gets stuck in my head a lot

teebs41 likes this.
  23. cherrywaves

Trusted

This is where I stand. I like the first two tracks and “Oversized” but after CMIK and Further Sky I felt they were capable of way more

This song is pretty good

Aaron Mook likes this.
  24. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Promise Everything is a good and fun follow up to CMIK but it definitely feels like they weren't as ambitious as they could have been and the song structures are all fairly similar outside of maybe a couple tracks. As a "comeback" record after the hiatus, I couldn't really complain with whatever they decided to put out. I'm just happy they're still a band with the output they've had tbh. I will say though that it has to be pretty tough to follow up a record like CMIK seeing as most fans including myself see it as their current best.

25. Kmil

Trusted

Just heard the single, really liked it, ended up pre-ordering this.

beachdude42, teebs41 and KidLightning like this.