Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bartees Strange - Live Forever (October 2nd 2020) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Carrow, Jul 23, 2020.

1. GBlades

Trusted

I am going into this completely behind except the hype from this thread and now I'm just waiting to get home to listen.

radiodead likes this.
  2. You can't really pin it down based off one song and that's the whole point. Love that.

Justin Roux likes this.
  3. Jim

Trusted Supporter

"ghostly" just made me stop doing all work, start it over and give it my full ass attention

4. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

guess that means I gotta check out a full frank ocean record huh?

5. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

listen to blonde right now

incognitojones and Justin Roux like this.
  6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Excited to check this out!

7. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Is there a way that people are listening to this right now without having an advance? I’ve just been waiting for tomorrow like a sucker.

8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Looks like it leaked on Kingdom Leaks so that’s probably how some are listening.

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  9. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Zac

Leftandleaving likes this.
  10. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  11. Review tomorrow, I was effusive in my praise of this record and disappointed it had to be marked down because of editorial stuff but I get it - the score's not important. I hope my words can accurately express the way I feel about this album. AOTY no contest.

Mattww, Justin Roux and Jim like this.
  12. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Curious that with all the big reviewers hyping this record if it could get a sleeper BNM. Would be so huge for him.

Carrow likes this.
  13. I have a lot of issues with Pitchfork but their endorsements and BNMs still hold a lot of weight - would be massive for Bartees, I hope someone picked it up.

radiodead and Justin Roux like this.
  14. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I wouldn't be surprised if it got BNM. I'd bet Hyden and Cohen spend tomorrow's IndieCast talking about it, too.

radiodead, Justin Roux and Carrow like this.
  15. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

The transition in Ghostly keeps getting more powerful every time I hear it. That and Far are probably my two favorites rn

16. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

y’all weren’t kidding about stone meadows

trevorshmevor and Carrow like this.
  17. Midnight local time, let's go.

18. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

This absolutely owns

Carrow likes this.
  19. Mattww

Regular

This just completely floored me - so fresh and interesting and different

Carrow likes this.
  20. Mattww

Regular

Carrow likes this.
  21. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I had very high expectations and they were still topped. really special record here.

dadbolt likes this.
  22. Reads like a 90% which was what it got marked down from FYI - thank you!

Mattww likes this.
  23. radiodead

Trusted

This album. Wow. Just wow. How do you even describe it haha? I knew it was gonna be dynamic but this thing covers so much ground in 35 minutes. It’s a whirlwind. No question one of the best albums of the year in one of the best album years in recent memory imo.

also any record that makes me miss TV on the Radio is going to win major points.

24. radiodead

Trusted

Indiecast is doing a 20 year Kid A episode, which I should have guessed because Hyden’s book (which I need to pick up today btw). But they are talking about Bartees Strange in recommendation corner. Starts around 53:00

Jim, Mattww and jordalsh like this.