Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Barry (HBO) TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Dec 4, 2017.

1. mad

I was right. Prestigious

2. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I need that to be true so bad. It's all I've been thinking about when he's absolutely killing it here.

3. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

During the initial movie promotion, Finn Wolfhard said Hader’s name when asked who’d he’d like to play adult Richie

Vivatoto likes this.
  4. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Oh yeah, I remember thinking that pick was too good to be true at the time. Chastain was also my dream pick so it might be shaping up perfectly for me.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  5. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

That was brutal. Why couldn’t chris just be cool? I feel like it’s entering Breaking Bad territory now where we can’t root for Barry anymore.

6. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I had the day off today and figured I'd catch up on all of this in time for Sunday. It only gets better and better. The bald dude slaughters me.

imthesheriff likes this.
  7. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yeah I need more of him

8. Jake Gyllenhaal

I'm guessing the whole arc of the show is him trying to get out of the business but keeps getting sucked back in. He wouldn't be in this mess if he just kept getting the jobs done but he needs the acting class in order to become a human again. Unfortunately he has to resort to killing his friend in order keep himself out of trouble as he tries to obtain a normal life.

imthesheriff likes this.
  9. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I say he continues to kill and somehow observe the family/friends of the people he killed to use their emotion for his acting.

tdlyon and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  10. Jake Gyllenhaal

Thinking about it, killing complete strangers never phased him. It wasn’t until he had to kill someone whom he also knew his wife and kid

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

You may be onto something

12. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

It's true that this time he was only imagining the reactions for his friends' wife and kid, but that's because he already met them in person. Maybe it'll be what I theorized or he gets to know them ahead of time somehow.

I don't know, that's pretty fuckin' dark.

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

A potential storyline: In consoling Chris' family, Barry falls in love with his wife...or she falls in love with him.

14. Jake Gyllenhaal

No! Barry + Sally 4ever!!!!

15. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

sally.... kinda sucks. it’s interesting how that’s become a storyline the back half of the season that seemingly no one else in the class likes her

dorfmac likes this.
  16. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm surprised at the amount of people online that doesn't like Sally or actively hates on her. I don't really get it.

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I mean with Barry creepin’ on her it makes sense she was very rude to him, and plus her agent being a sleez. Tho the other hand she’s been super annoying the last two eps

18. Jake Gyllenhaal

I was happy when she pulled off the performance and impressed the agent

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  19. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Seems like shades of Skylar hating in Breaking Bad. I never got that either.

20. primavera

it's not just "online" or a skylar thing. the show actively writes her to be unlikable and amplifies it with characters like Natalie and Nick wanting to have nothing to do with her in the class.

21. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't find her unlikable at all though. Like, yeah, her taking that guy to another party is kind of cruddy but she was right, they're all adults and that's that. What else has she done?

22. primavera

take the macbeth scene from natalie?

23. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Gene is in control of all of that, so Natalie should have either been a better actress or fought harder to keep the role.

24. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

It's whatever, not a huge deal, it just surprised me.

25. Sal Paradise

Trusted

I think the thing with Sally is she is super ambitious and possibly naive in regards to her acting ability. It comes off like she doesn’t care about what people think as long as she comes out on top.

I’m rooting for her, but she has had moments where she rubbed me the wrong way with the way she treats people and acts like she “deserves” to be a star.

I understand why people don’t like her, but I think she is a great character, and I’m sure there are tons of people in LA just like her.

Whalejaw likes this.