Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Barry (HBO) TV Show • Page 33

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

there’s still a lot of stuff premiering in May, and there will definitely be at least some stuff that was already done filming that will premiere in the fall, but yeah after that I’m gonna have to finally start on the backlog

2. I just finished season 1 and I literally thought the whole last half of the finale was Barry daydreaming. That time jump was wild

3. Just watched Ronny/Lily holy fuck

jkauf, alina, Anthony Brooks and 13 others like this.
  4. Wow just finished the 2nd season. I need more

5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

we all do

6. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I love the inevitable pattern when someone new comes in this thread
    post 1: just started this show, liking it so far
    post 2: watched Ronny and Lily and holy shit
    post 3: need more

7. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

ronny/lily is perfect but I still think the penultimate episode of s1 is the peak thus far. what a fucking episode

waking season, I Am Mick and mad like this.
  8. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

9. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I started rewatching this last night!!!! hell yeah!!

Garrett likes this.
  10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I’m all for that. Give me s3, and then 4 a year apart hopefully

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

glad they're not filming because so many productions in LA have had outbreaks

12. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

3 episodes in, does Sally get any less insufferable? Legitimately her character makes me mad.

13. I personally wouldn’t go as far to say she’s insufferable, but no she’s pretty much how she is the whole time

She does have an actually really incredible scene somewhere in there though, won’t spoil anything. For those that have watched it, that fucking monologue by the pool, man. So good

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I feel like I've said it before but it's interesting how in a show where the main character is a literal murderer people can be like that girl is so annoying, not a critique it's just fascinating how we've been conditioned

15. Mr. Serotonin Jan 8, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 8, 2021)
    Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

It’s because she’s relatably insufferable :crylaugh: I don’t have any friends where I’m like “that guy would be cool if he wouldn’t murder so much”

edit: there are male characters like this as well, obv. Like the three comma dousche in Silicon Valley :crylaugh:

16. Rowan5215

best scene in the show thus far, unbelievable performance and writing

trevorshmevor and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  17. Mr. Serotonin

Yeah the actress is amazing for sure

18. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

I really need to pick this show back up... I think we got 5-6 episodes in and just... forgot about it.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  19. Mr. Serotonin

You really should

20. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

I had well intentions of catching up on that and Mr Mercedes and Fargo over my 2 weeks off of work, but... was so lazy I didn't even watch those.

21. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Barry is such a shattered vessel of a human that it's hard to feel anything besides pity for him lol

22. trevorshmevor Jan 8, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 8, 2021)
    I mean also, Barry is the main character in a show where most people watching know ahead of time that the plot boils down to him being a murderer. Being like “wow that guy Barry sucks for murdering people” feels really reductive lol. It’d be like pointing out that the guy from Avatar turned into a tall blue creature and asking if he’s gonna be like that for most of the movie

But yeah I think that argument definitely works for like, Fuches/Sally. Both are pretty self absorbed & manipulative. Except I cheer for Sally and hope Fuches falls of a cliff

TSLROCKS likes this.
  23. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Boy do i miss this show

Mr. Serotonin and popdisaster00 like this.
  24. Rowan5215

I absolutely despise Fuches with every single iota of my energy. I also can't imagine the show without him on it. Stephen Root is an absolute master of making you want characters like that to stick around

popdisaster00 and trevorshmevor like this.
  25. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

No doubt that Sarah Goldberg is very talented! I spent some time living in Los Angeles and taking improv/acting classes, so I think I'm bringing some of my own baggage to it.

The parts like them performing at Ryan's funeral or Barry rushing over to Sally's and her saying "Do you think I'll be a star?" I think are super cringy for me because I've interacted with people like that lol