Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Barry (HBO) TV Show • Page 26

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

We talked about it before. I think someone hit the nail on the head when they said "Everyone knows a Sally at work or something that they can't stand. No one knows a Barry".

2. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I think Sally became more of a sympathetic character after Barry got that audition with Jay Roach. But that doesn't mean she's not flawed or without her annoying traits.

Also, in the end, it's probably good that she slapped Barry because I feared with the emotional weight built up with Barry and Fuches, he was going to lose it onstage and hurt Sally.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Barry is going to hurt Sally, mentally and/or physically. That's pretty much a guarantee at this point.

4. Mr. Serotonin

I don't think he will on purpose. I think his actions could lead her to get hurt by someone else.

5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

This is a pretty good interview:

'Barry' star Bill Hader breaks down HBO's other big Sunday finale

Over the course of season 2, Gene had really become the father figure to Barry that Fuches could have been but wasn’t. Now with that secret out there, what will presumably losing that bond with Gene mean for Barry?
    I know this sounds so lame and kind of irresponsible, but we kind of just say, “Okay, Gene knows,” and then we pack up our stuff and say, “See you guys back in October.” [Laughs] Next week, [co-creator] Alec [Berg] and I are going to have dinner, and it happened over dinner last season where I said, “What do you think happened with Moss?” and he was like, “Yeah, I don’t know.” So it will probably be like, “So, Gene knows, what do you think?” We kind of have our ideas of possibly what that will be, but, at the same time, I don’t want to give that away.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  6. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I don't know that people *don't* hate Barry. He's just a character you love to hate and you get to know him a lot more as the star of the show. We understand how he ticks more, and he's just more entertaining and funny at times.

Sally did become more sympathetic this season for sure and I'm glad they did so. I liked her a lot more this season. She was very selfish and often downright mean in S1. But they did kind of throw that development out the window in this finale. I also wasn't a huge fan of her flipping out on Barry for getting an audition and saying that she's "clearly" the better actor.

7. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I get why she would be rightfully pissed. She's a trained actor who's had to claw her way up the ladder, while Barry got an audition because he was the right height for the character and in the waiting room.

8. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

He's already purposefully abusing her now mentally by being the epitome of her greatest horror she's lived through but even worse. Once that truth comes out, whether or not she's physically hurt, it's going to destroy her mentality, trust, etc...

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  9. Mr. Serotonin

Well, if we're talking mentally, then he's hurt literally everyone he knows because he's lied about being a killer(Sally moreso, because they're dating). I just don't see him hurting Sally physically, by his own hand, but I guess we'll see.

10. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, I was talking about mentally before as well.

11. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

Very good but I don't know how I feel about Barry just going on that shooting rampage. I know this show has its completely unrealistic moments, but its just a little too much to have Barry take out all those armed men by himself by just pretty much walking through them. More concerning, I don't know how to feel about Barry's character. He wants to change, and at times seems to, such as making a huge effort and putting himself at risk in trying no to kill the tae kwon do guy. But then he just goes on an indiscriminate killing rampage? Is it a temper thing?
    Also, I'm kind of sad he took out the team he trained. It was fun how much they admired him.

Overrall, great season of television.

12. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Were they all armed in the room? I assumed that the men gathered in the main room were unarmed and it wasn't until he started going through individual rooms that he encountered gunmen who had gone to find arms.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. Victor Eremita

Yeah he definitely caught them by surprise in the main room but then he just barged straight into rooms where they had re-grouped and killed everyone. Seemed a little much.

14. Mr. Serotonin May 21, 2019
    (Last edited: May 21, 2019)
    Mr. Serotonin

I thought they just faltered because he was the one who trained them. That gave him enough time to fire first. Then when he was walking back he realized what he had done and felt a little remorse.

15. Fucking Dustin

Yeah that's my thought as well, plus they weren't that well trained

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  16. Victor Eremita

Yeah its not a big deal though either way. Its happened before on the show, realistic gun fighting is far from the point. It was all worth it for Hank in the aftermath anyway lol

17. Fucking Dustin

As far as the Sally discussion goes I like that the character is complicated and she really does seem spot on how I'd imagine a person with her backstory and her ambition to be, but yeah she is not someone I'd wanna be friends with haha.

18. Mr. Serotonin

exactlyyyy, :crylaugh:

19. RyanPm40

Yeah, I totally understand her being pissed and I do think she has every right to be. It was just kind of mean how she voiced it to him, but I understand what she was getting at and I'm sure I'd feel the same way in her position. In the end, we are all human and nobody is perfect. I do often forget about her past that influences who she is as a person today, too.

This is a very good point. I've known it's going to really fuck with her when it's revealed, but I didn't think of her past abuse and how in a way he's mentally abusing her by putting her through this, even if he hasn't been malicious or violent to her at this point.

20. Fucking Dustin

Her rant was seriously spot on for her character though hahahaha like I felt like I was back at open mics listening to her talk, it was beautiful

21. RyanPm40

Seriously, I can't believe she did that all in one take

22. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Sally seems more like a real person than anyone else on the show, which is part of the reason people seem to dislike her. She’s fundamentally nice and good, but also ambitious, jealous, insecure, and all kinds of other things that probably remind us more of ourselves than we’d like to admit.

23. Mr. Serotonin

She seems a bit selfish to me as well...but it could come from a place of feeling like she deserves more in the industry but she's seemingly spinning the wheels.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  24. Is she fundamentally nice? Never got that vibe.

25. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

If someone isn't fundamentally a bad person, I think that means they're a good person.