Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Barry (HBO) TV Show • Page 23

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Dec 4, 2017.

1. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Sally and Hank really shined (shone?) in this one.

2. Sal Paradise

Trusted

This is my thought as well

3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Finally catching up on season 2. Holy shit, that episode with the karate dad and his daughter was so random but fucking hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing at the daughter and how terrified they were of her. "SHES NOT HUMAN".

I felt pretty bad for the guy, all he did was date a woman who happened to have an ex husband.

chewbacca110 and Kuri44 like this.
  4. zigbigwig May 16, 2019
    (Last edited: May 17, 2019)
    zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

my wife subscribed us to HBO for GoT and after some episodes of disappointment I was able to convince her to binge 2 seasons of Barry in a week (bec I’ve been wanting to watch this for some time) and that HBO sub feels so worth it now.

can’t wait for the finale. The karate episode is a standout for sure. and Noho Hank is the best character ever.

love how seamless they go back and forth between dark and funny. and not sure how they’ll resolve Barry’s story arc. it’s going to be so tragic.

5. zigbigwig

there’s like 1/3 of actual discussion on Barry and the rest are just John and Bill bantering haha

6. trevorshmevor May 17, 2019
    (Last edited: May 18, 2019)
    A friend hooked me up with his HBO login so I could finally watch this and Crashing. Started this on Monday evening and am caught up now — what a show. I’m both super happy I only have a day to wait for the next episode and entirely bummed about the wait for a new season. Bill Hader, man. Fuck.

7. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Is crashing good? I’ve heard of it but have no idea what it’s about

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  8. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

It was cancelled, so I don’t know if I wanna start if it didn’t wrap up properly.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  9. Unsure, haven’t started it yet! I’ll let ya know though

10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

This season has been perfection.

I really hope Hank’s arc next season is starting up a hotel.

11. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

He actually starts the assassin hotel from John Wick

12. Sal Paradise

Trusted

It’s good, especially if you are a fan of stand up. It gets better throughout the series. Also it was cancelled after season three but it ends on a good note/ feels complete.

Mr. Serotonin and MexicanGuitars like this.
  13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, Crashing is really good and this is coming from someone who does not like Pete Holmes at all. Bummed it’s cancelled but as stated already, wraps up perfectly.

14. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Interesting that there’s a couple times Hader says they haven’t even reached a couple points that they originally planned

zigbigwig likes this.
  15. currytheword

Trusted

This show is really great. Another notch on the belt for HBO and we’re only 2 seasons in.

I’m cool with Winkler dying if we get to keep Carrigan.

16. RyanPm40

Carrigan and Winkler are the best in the cast so I'd hate to lose either

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  17. currytheword

Trusted

You have to choose one. You HAVE to.

RyanPm40 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

My fucking power is out and I can’t watch the finale. Furious.

currytheword likes this.
  19. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

imthesheriff likes this.
  20. zigbigwig

i was legit terrified of everything. what a way to end it

imthesheriff and trevorshmevor like this.
  21. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Pretty good cliffhanger idea but I wasn’t a fan of how it was executed with him not remembering what Fuches whispering into his ear until the very end.

Also, they’ve taken all the goodwill pumped into Sally and really made a mess of it. She’s always had issues and has been a bit selfish but nearly always seemed to end up making the right decision. Her slapping Barry like that and then completely changing the scene on stage just unraveled her whole great storyline this season. I really hope she ends up denying that that wasn’t the truth and continue to be a true artist and not something sensational.

All in all, great season and looking forward to more. I could see them having this lead to Barry not even trying to be an actor anymore. He just realizes that he’s evil and nothing is going to change that.

alina likes this.
  22. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The bit with Fuches talking to everyone and they couldn’t hear him and talking about Bluetooth and everything was hilarious.

23. RyanPm40

Oh shit I thought this was a 10 episode season, had no idea it was the finale. Will be watching this in a bit

24. zigbigwig

still can’t. this is going to haunt me. i binged the show in 2 weeks and now it’s gone again

the ending scene with the rain was so well done

25. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious