Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Barry (HBO) TV Show • Page 22

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Dec 4, 2017.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Looks like the ratings for Barry have quadrupled the last four to five weeks. I would assume that most of the increase is due to it following Game of Thrones but the show went from about, on average, half a million viewers to nearly 2 million viewers (over 2 million for Ronny/lily).

2. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I refuse to believe they'd actually kill Gene, but it would definitely spur the plot along. The preview for next week makes it look like that's the case, but maybe that's exactly what they want us to think?

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

The more I think about it, I'm guessing Gene is not killed and that Barry arrives to at least distract Funches in time before he pulls the trigger. In addition, the police are on their way due to Funches calling acting as Gene. So my guess is the police show up shortly after and take Barry and Gene into the station while Funches somehow gets away.

jorbjorb and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

On a complete side note...while I find this show funny (very funny at times), I actually much prefer the drama/seriousness of it. It really is a perfect balance though.

5. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

100% agreed with this. The comedy is great, but the drama is what really hooks me.

jorbjorb likes this.
  6. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I think they're both alive at the beginning of the episode, but one of them will be dead by the end...prolly Fuches

jorbjorb likes this.
  7. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Wouldn’t it be funny if that phone call was just Barry saying he’s going to meet him, not actually what is assumed after that wild previous episode

jorbjorb likes this.
  8. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I bet the body inside the trunk was Barry hiding and then at last second he jumps out to shoot Fuches

9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I bet Gene pulls his face off revealing he was actually Barry wearing a mission impossible style mask and he’s about to shoot Fuches but Fuches pulls his mask off revealing he was actually Sally. And then they smooch.

Fade to black

Dick Wolf

10. Jake Gyllenhaal

Cue "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus over the end credits

I Am Mick and jorbjorb like this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

cut to Gene waterskiing over a shark

12. Jake Gyllenhaal

[​IMG]

13. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Cut to Janice on a beach chair next to the ocean, wearing sunglasses and holding a pineapple drink. She leans back and says “I could get used to this!”

14. Jake Gyllenhaal

Sally stops by to show off her Academy Award

15. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I really dislike the Sally character. I just dont care for her. Also, this was by far the worst cliffhanger ever. I was like Noooooooooooo. I think tragedy will be diverted.

16. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, on second thought I don’t think Gene is dead. Would be a huge disservice to the show to do that now, his arc feels nowhere near complete. To kill him now would be the writers choosing shock death over good storytelling and I think they’re too smart for that. The idea of Gene being alive and framed for what Barry did is a much more enticing narrative thread.

17. Jake Gyllenhaal

Fuches' gun could always malfunction

18. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Wonder if his son will save him from out of the blue. THey got him invloved with the cabin for some type of reason. Like right before Barry gets there, his son appears

19. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Totally forgot about his son, but it would be even weirder for him to be out in the middle of nowhere at the exact right time.

20. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

weirder than an episode centered around an eleven year old karate girl scaling trees and cars?

21. Mr. Serotonin

She seems way more tolerable now to me than season 1, haha.

jorbjorb likes this.
  22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I was gonna say how can they lose one of the best character actors in Henry Winkler but that also describes Stephen Root haha

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  23. Mr. Serotonin

No one is gone yet!

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  25. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I think if Fuches was going to kill Gene then they would have showed it at the end. The cliffhanger itself points to it being a fakeout