Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Barry (HBO) TV Show • Page 19

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Yeah I like that his entire storyline was just a way of getting Fuches and Barry back together

2. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

I would go so far as to say that was the best episode of tv since Atlanta’s “Teddy Perkins”.

3. chris

Trusted Supporter

Holy shit what an episode

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Pretty sure it’s impossible to not think of those three movies whenever I see a series of fences shot at a flat angle for the rest of my life lol

5. currytheword

Trusted

I wanna know what HBO is putting in their water at the office. Home of many goats.

6. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Holy shit. I finally had time to watch all of season 2 up to Sunday’s episode. “Ronnie/ Lily” was absolutely brilliant

7. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I’m not sure how I feel about this week’s episode, I enjoyed it but I kept expecting it to be a dream or Barry telling a story to someone. Fuches was great in this.

8. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Oh my fucking god this episode is better then the battle of winterfell

Series best

9. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

This was the first episode my wife watched after me talking this show up so much. It was probably not the best choice haha

10. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Not at allllll she’s :crylaugh: she’s gonna think it’s filled with crazy supernatural occurrences

11. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I hope they continue to do weird ass episodes like this but only one or two per season. You don’t want to lean on them and wear them out.

12. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Yeah, I definitely want it to stay grounded but I'd be fine with Hader directing one batshit episode per season.

and honestly, if you just dial the girl back a little bit this episode isn't even THAT crazy.

13. currytheword

Trusted

Ahhh I think police would’ve responded to a few calls regarding a man wandering through the streets in broad daylight bleeding out from his back and nose, and then that same car of men trying to abduct a young girl with potato chips on the sidewalk.

Edit: But I definitely loved this episode and 100% support Hader directing more.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yep

zmtr likes this.
  15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I would love Bill to Write/Direct more episodes. Insane episode.

Also liked that it was essentially a Hader/Root centered ep.

chewbacca110, zmtr and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  16. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Yes, Root is always great when featured heavily. I don’t remember, does it explain how Fuches came into his life? Him being the only one to meet him in the flashback in this episode obviously had some devil demeanor vibes. I could see a reveal of some kind coming soon that him being his “friend” after his military stint had a nefarious background Barry isn’t aware of.

17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

My wife doesn’t watch this show either but watched Sunday night with me and within minutes of it starting I had this overwhelming feeling that this episode was gonna be weird/out there.

In my head I was thinking ‘here we go again’ because my wife also doesn’t watch Atlanta and the one episode she did watch with me was the black Justin Bieber episode which was off the wall and the entire time Sunday night during Barry I was thinking she must think I watch the weirdest shit.

That said, she thought the episode was hilarious.

BlueEyesBrewing likes this.
  18. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I think he was Barry’s dad’s friend?

19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

That's one of the less weird episodes of Atlanta lol

20. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I made this reference earlier, but has anyone else seen the movie Raising Arizona? I watched this episode again and it has to be a direct reference for the extended fights in the house, as well as supermarket scenes. Might have been even more funny on a rewatch.

alina likes this.
  21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

True, but if you're watching for the first time and see that Justin Bieber is black, it's a major 'what the fuck?' moment, haha.

tdlyon likes this.
  22. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

That was definitely the best episode of the series, which feels like an odd thing to say since it had neither Hank nor Gene. It was a little weird to see something so surreal on a show that's typically very grounded, but I think it works because they've never done anything like it. I love the decision to do the initial fight as one continuous shot, and the entire grocery store sequence.

23. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

is this season 8 episodes too

24. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

if wikipedia is to be believed, yes

GrantCloud and phaynes12 like this.
  25. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Yeah the whole ep definitely has a Coen Brothers vibe