Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Barry (HBO) TV Show • Page 17

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

It just seemed like you didn’t wanna discuss, just prove everyone “wrong” I guess haha. I don’t have any problem with you though

jorbjorb and phaynes12 like this.
  2. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I don’t have any problems with anyone either, to be clear. And if I come off as an ass or dick, it’s 100% unintentional because I’m just reading and replying on my phone quickly. All of my posts were legit just responding to people disagreeing with my thoughts on Sally. Nothing personal, of course.

jorbjorb and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  3. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I've always found Sally fascinating, mainly because she has a certain edge to her. Here's a paragraph that's too long where I attempt to explain why.

I think about the very first time we saw her in the first episode, I believe she's really mean to Barry, which is a perfectly understandable moment in real life but I thought it was clear that the show was immediately trying to tell us something about her character. She is self absorbed and all the other things that have been mentioned in this thread, or at least I fully believe that the show is asking us to believe that of her. And now that we're starting to realize some of the horrible shit she went through in the past, it's starting to make sense why her career and her own happiness are so important to her. She was in a box most her life and now she's out, I don't think she's mean to people on purpose, she just has certain priorities that had been railroaded her whole life that she's now putting first. I think she's better than a "good" caricature, she's a deeply complex character attempting to better herself. But like, when she's mean to D'arcy I hate her.

4. I feel like we are in the NFL thread arguing about Dak Prescott

GrantCloud and jorbjorb like this.
  5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I think I fucked up for ever bringing it up

GrantCloud and jorbjorb like this.
  6. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

At very least, let’s agree Sarah Goldberg is fucking great.

7. Great breakout role for her. Really enjoying her performance.

8. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Total agreement on that. She’s awesome.

9. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

Sally is painted pretty badly in Season 1, she is the most vapid and self-obsessed of the actors crew. They thankfully dialed that down and honed those traits to be both less annoying this season and funnier, and we get more shading to her with her plot so far this season.

But miss me with this you can't even comprehend how someone couldn't like her, that feels like willful ignorance to me.

Anyway just watched the latest episode, excellent. S2 continues to be a vast improvement over the first for me.

jorbjorb, Mr. Serotonin and phaynes12 like this.
  10. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

absolutely, she nails the role.

11. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

When I first started watching it I thought I recognized her from somewhere but I guess she was just that good left an immediate impression on me.

What are some theories for the rest of the season? I don’t think Barry will end up doing that hit for Loach and will have to eventually kill him instead. Idk what kind of cliffhanger they could do to outdo last season, or however you wanna word it. Maybe ending in Sally or Gene seeing Barry kill someone?

jorbjorb likes this.
  12. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

jorbjorb likes this.
  13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I like the twist. I keep trying to figure out what the endgame is of this season, and these last two episodes keep throwing me through loops. I love the writing.

Fuck Sam. I thought he was gonna do something really fucked at the hotel.

waking season and jorbjorb like this.
  14. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I can't believe how much stuff they packed into that episode. By the time it ended, I'd almost forgotten Hank's hat and sunscreen. I love how deftly they continue to balance intense drama and humor. The scene where Barry told Gene what really happened was incredible, especially Gene's reaction. The saddest part is that if Gene continues to help Barry unpack stuff, it may eventually lead to the fact that he killed Janice. Though, that would probably still be easier to deal with than having to read Loach's handwriting.

15. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I wish these were 40 minute episodes. Also ya'll were right about the opening when they flashed Barry's name. That was hilarious.

jorbjorb and currytheword like this.
  16. currytheword

Trusted

I’m so happy right now.

[​IMG]

17. Hank getting mad about the ice cream was great

18. jorbjorb

7 rings

That ending threw me off haha.

I was thinking Barry was going to kill him lol.

Mr. Serotonin and chewbacca110 like this.
  19. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Whoooo boy. Episode 4 is really something, huh?

Everyone wants a piece of Barry.

20. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I was kind of expecting Janice to turn up alive somehow since we never actually see Barry kill her/her body is never found. Him explicitly mentioning killing her this episode surprised me

jorbjorb likes this.
  21. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

wow. what a great fucking episode. expanded the scope of the show so much. fantastic.

22. zmtr

Trusted

Finally watching season 2 and just finished episode 3. I absolutely love this show. I was honestly wondering what they were gonna do in terms of Barry/Hank after the failed assassination and totally love the “create hank an army” angle.

When Hank announces Barry as his best friend during the training session I lost it. Hank is one of the best characters in anything ever.

23. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The sunscreen on his nose and that damn floppy hat, haha

24. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Ok so after that episode of GoT i can't handle this

25. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The over-the-top cartoony aspects of this episode bugged me at first but once I realized what they were doing with it, it instantly jumped to one of my favorites of the series. Absolutely hysterical.

Also, Barry is totally killing Fuches at some point this season, right?

Damn, I might have to watch this again tomorrow, haha

GrantCloud and zmtr like this.