Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Barry (HBO) TV Show • Page 16

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I would say that Natalie is probably the nicest character on the show.

I Am Mick likes this.
  2. currytheword

Trusted

Also the 50/50 with Cristobal had me in tears last week. Probably my favorite scene of the show so far.

Dave Diddy likes this.
  3. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Who’s a nicer person than her in the show?

4. Anthony_

Mr. Serotonin and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  5. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Lol yeah, I should have read more than immediately respond, haha

I don’t really consider any of the acting class as characters we know well enough at all to judge, so I’d disagree with any of them being in this conversation. But that’s just me.

6. Night Channels

Trusted

Dude, she stole the Pinocchio mo-cap actor away from Natalie.

She’s pure evil.

Mr. Serotonin and Anthony_ like this.
  7. Anthony_

Natalie has been fleshed out more than pretty much all of the rest of them. In addition, she's a character on the show who is in almost every episode, if not every episode, so of course she's in this conversation.

Mr. Serotonin and Night Channels like this.
  8. Anthony_

Was also going to bring this up. That was a dick move on her part.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  9. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

The people in the acting class are essentially human highlight reels going on in the background. We barely know anything about any of them and when we do find out one or two things, it’s almost entirely inconsequential and more often than not used in punchlines. I’d bet money the majority of the people in this thread couldn’t even name 3-5 of them without looking them up.

10. Anthony_ Apr 22, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 22, 2019)
    Anthony_

You're trying to change the premise of the discussion now. You said Sally is "the nicest person on the show". You didn't say "the nicest character out of just Barry, Sally, Fuches, Hank, Gene, and Cristobal". Natalie is a clearly-defined character even though she isn't as major of a presence on the show as some others. And she's way nicer of a person than Sally is based on what we know about both of them up to this point.

RyanPm40 and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  11. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

:musical:Dino lovessss salllyyyyy :musical:

RyanPm40 likes this.
  12. Anthony_

Sally is a complicated character. She isn't a monster or a villain like a lot of the most hyperbolic people make her out to be, but she isn't an angel either. She sits more to the "good" side of the spectrum than the "bad", but that's only because on this show the terms "good" and "bad" are pretty relative considering who we have on the "bad" end (and who our main character is). She's good compared to people like Barry, Fuches, and Hank, but she isn't a purely good character by any means. But all that means is she's interesting. Natalie is by far the nicest character on the show, I don't think there's any real dispute about that, but she isn't anywhere near as interesting as Sally is.

13. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I just can’t agree that any of the others in the acting class are anything but background fodder and not even worth discussing. I’d argue that if she wasn’t already a famous person outside of this show people wouldn’t care about her character, just like they don’t for any of the other actors.

And yeah, I was referring to the main characters in my previous comments.

14. Anthony_

That's not what you said but just so this can finally be over yes you are correct that Sally is the nicest character on the show when the only characters we're arbitrarily limiting the discussion to are the emotionally-stunted hitman, the hitman's scumbag handler, the Chechen crime boss, the Bolivian crime boss, and the manipulative acting class grifter.

RyanPm40 and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  15. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I didn’t think I had to exclude nearly pointless characters who we barely know anything about, but okay.

16. Anthony_

You didn't even say "nicest main character". Didn’t even say “nicest character”! Just "nicest person". Words matter ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just drop it, you win.

17. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Gene is easily nicer than Sally

Mr. Serotonin and RyanPm40 like this.
  18. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Gene is a deadbeat dad who cares more about acting and his own ego than raising and loving his own son, who also lost his mother.

19. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

You can be a nice person while also being a bad person. Nice does not equal good.

currytheword and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  20. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, that is true. But I think she is a nice person and a good person.

21. Anthony_

Alrighty I’ll see ya later thread, be back Sunday hopefully lol

22. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

23. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

The translator bit was so god damn funny.

currytheword and Vivatoto like this.
  24. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i mean, i get why people would want to leave the thread. you keep digging your heels in despite several people, who laid out pretty detailed and thoughtful explanations based on the show's writing and audience reaction, trying to drop it. it's aggravating to say the least.

25. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I mean, it’s a thread in a discussion forum. Digging my heels in? I posted my opinions on a character and some people disagreed and I responded back to them in detail as to why I feel a certain way. If people can’t handle someone disagreeing with them or choose not to, then I don’t think a discussion forum is ideal for them.