Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Baroness Band • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DaydreamNation, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Favorite so far

2. European tour with Dublin date, I am SO THERE ahhhh

3. atlas

Trusted

i'm just getting to the last 2 singles and the riffs in the bridge of Seasons are on some straight Night Verses shit yeeeeesh

Carrow likes this.
  4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Put on Y&G last week, and that may be my fav Baroness release still. Eula, and Mtns are so good

5. socklord

Trusted

This band is 3/3 on the single so far. Seb's drumming has been absolutely on point, as if there was any doubt

6. got an advance recently and the singles don't do this thing justice - fucking massive

socklord, chewbacca110, Tyler and 2 others like this.
  7. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

I like the singles so that’s promising. I want my vinylllll

8. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

9. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

According to the webstore, pre-orders should ship tomorrow. Also, I just noticed they have 60 tour dates lined up through October. Crazy.

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

this record rips

Argus likes this.
  11. this is their best record ever

Nate_Johnson and radiodead like this.
  12. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

I’m gonna wait for my vinyl preorder. Picking it up first thing friday

13. Argus

I'm assuming you pre-ordered from a record store, and not online?

I got a "shipping" notification on Tuesday night, but all that's happened to this point is they created a label. The odds of my order actually arriving tomorrow are pretty slim, and I'm kind of bummed.

14. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I thought that Purple was their best record. Can't wait to jam this this weekend!

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I still listen to Yellow the most, but I loved this on first stream. Can't wait for tomorrow.

coleslawed likes this.
  16. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Correct. It should be ready for pickup tomorrow, i was told

Argus likes this.
  17. atlas

Trusted

In love with Tourniquet, absolutely massive song

18. PauLo

43% Burnt

I think Gold and Grey is an apt title. 2/3rds of it is gold, but the remains are definitely grey. There's something about John's clean vocals that doesn't always click with me. Sometimes it sounds great, but in other parts it sounds generic and lifeless. I could do without the little interludes too.

Another 3/5 album from them. 3 in a row. I have a feeling this may grow on me more than their last 2. I am starting to accept that we'll never get another Red or Blue out of them, though haha

19. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Watching John’s progression as a visual artist has been so breathtaking to watch

coleslawed likes this.
  20. azzy01

Regular

This is really really good. I loved the three singles, but for some reason didn't expect an album of this caliber. This is something really special.

I know the phrase "it feels like a journey" is tossed around a lot, but I think this nails it down. Starts off heavy hitting, then gets more progressive, then gets soft and experimental in the middle section then back to heavy in the last third of the album but with a different "flavour" than the first section of the album.

And the mixing sounds good to me, it's not as clean and polished as other albums, and there are some times where it can get too "noisy", but other than that this sounds really warm and natural.

coleslawed and Nate_Johnson like this.
  21. socklord

Trusted

So excited to listen to this when I get home

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Only three songs in, and this is great. The bass in I’m Already Gone is delicious

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Throw me an anchor is so fucking massive. I fucking love it.

radiodead likes this.
  24. Argus

I'm considering going to pick up a third vinyl variant from my local store after work so I can actually give this a proper first listen on release day.

25. socklord

Trusted

The bass on I’m Already Gone sounds amazing