Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Baroness Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DaydreamNation, Mar 31, 2016.

1. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

word

2. Xenocide

The Czar

Every song off of Purple is phenomenal, but I think I've decided on this as the standout

DesolateEarth likes this.
  3. Deathco_019

Drummer

Bumping this thread because I've spent a lot of time with Purple since its release, but I've listened to others only a few times since becoming a fan of this band in mid-2015.

Anyway, I'm using this week to focus more on their other albums. In starting with Red and this is so much better than I remember it being when I first listened to it nearly two years ago. Not sure what songs standout to me the most so far, but damn have I been underrating the rest of this band's discography

Cameron and suicidesaints like this.
  4. JM95

Trusted

Similar position to you. Really need to go through the rest of their discography properly.

Purple still rules.

suicidesaints likes this.
  5. Deathco_019 May 27, 2017
    (Last edited: May 27, 2017)
    Deathco_019

Drummer

So I've spent a lot of time this week almost exclusively listening to this band's music from Red-onward as well as rewatching the "Making of Purple" videos on YouTube.

I think this band seriously has one of the best discographies I've ever listened to and I think it's great every album offers up something different yet each album is distinctly Baroness.

Purple is by far my favorite. I had listened to the other albums before Purple had come out, but that was the album that immediately grabbed me on first listen. If somebody asked me where to start with Baroness, or which album best represents their sound, I'd go with Purple every time. The backstory to town that album came about is still so powerful to read or listen to. The album is so massive and triumphant.

I hadn't spent much time with the rest of the band's discography so that's what I focused on this week. Yellow is the next album that grabbed me the most. The standouts for me with this album are Take My Bones Away, March To The Sea, Cocainium, and Eula. I love how strong the album opens while still showing hints at what's to come with Little Things and Twinkler, which, upon my first couple listens this week took some time to get used to, but now I love how this album is sequenced. Also, I may be convinced that Eula is this band's best song. That song drains a lot out of me in the best way possible.

I've spent a pretty equal amount of time with the other three albums this week, but not as much as Purple and Yellow. Red was pretty immediate for me, while Blue and Green have taken repeated listens for me before getting a bit more sucked into their worlds, though they each offer up some really great songs (The Sweetest Curse, The Gnashing, Green Theme, Board Up The House, Mtns).

Trying to still spend some more time with Red, Blue, and Green in the coming days, but, overall, I think they're all great albums. Okay, rambling over.

CoffeeEyes17, sophos34 and Cameron like this.
  6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Boop

Deathco_019 likes this.
  7. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

They're all the best

Deathco_019 likes this.
  8. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

more like "Blandomess" am i right

Deathco_019 likes this.
  9. Deathco_019

Drummer

suicidesaints and coleslawed like this.
  10. CoffeeEyes17

i agree listening to this band should be bannable because their music is so offensively bad

11. CoffeeEyes17

the joke being of course that i actually really really like this band so theres some behind the scenes of the comedic genius that is Kenneth "CoffeeEyes17" Evans

suicidesaints, coleslawed and inwaves like this.
  12. Deathco_019

Drummer

My first thought was to report this post, but I love you too much to report

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  13. DesolateEarth

Birb

I know they didn't have much of a chance against Megadeth and Korn, but I'm still incredibly salty that they didn't win a Grammy this year. Purple has gradually evolved from an already great album to my favorite release of 2015.

This and "Kerosene" are my favorites on the album.

14. Deathco_019

Drummer

Kerosene is my favorite on Purple, with Shock Me and Chlorine & Wine close behind

15. Blue is probably still my favorite but this band only does good things

16. Deathco_019

Drummer

I don't know why, but I've found Blue sticking with me the least. You are right though, this band only does good things. The Sweetest Curse and The Gnashing are total jams

17. Haruni

Regular

Desperately looking for tickets to the philly show

18. Deathco_019

Drummer

Same. Tickets on stubhub are $150 which is fucking ridiculous

19. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Jeeze. I didn't realize Baroness was big enough to command StubHub ripoff ticket prices of that magnitude. Good on them.

20. Haruni

Regular

Got tix. Will be my first time going to philly. What's good there?

21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Nothing this city fucking blows

22. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Good night, Sweet Pete.

23. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

WHAT THE FUCKKK

24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

A female guitarst! That's awesome!