Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Baroness Band • Page 12

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DaydreamNation, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I think this is the most I've enjoyed a baroness album on first listen

coleslawed likes this.
  2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

After two listens I’m really excited about the direction they went with this. The production being my favorite part. Pale Sun almost feels like what it would sound like if Baroness made a black gaze album

Nick likes this.
  3. socklord

Trusted

Broken Halo is nuts. It didn’t grab me after my first couple listens but it’s latched on now

Anthony Brooks likes this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I just want a thread where all we get is your reactions to their discography. I love hearing people's opinions going through it all.

Orla and coleslawed like this.
  5. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

its an aesthetic i expect going into an album produced by dave fridmann. you hear it all across his discography, lonerism (which he only mixed but still), a city by the light divided, the woods, purple, im sure all the flaming lips albums he did i dk i dont listen to them, all have that high end sizzle to them, typically used for a more psychedelic and disorienting feel

DaydreamNation and Drew Beringer like this.
  6. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

I love that shit

7. socklord

Trusted

The band has been uploading a bunch of videos to their Youtube channel about the making of Gold & Grey. There are six so far and they've been pretty cool and informative. They did a bunch for Purple that I thought were great as well.

KidLightning, coleslawed and Cameron like this.
  8. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I really fell off of the last record and never gave it the attention it deserves. Gotta jump back into it this weekend.

9. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

PALE SUN SINKING

10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

You fell off after.....Purple? Their masterpiece?

Edit: oh nvm you meant G&G....anther masterpiece tho

Anthony Brooks and chewbacca110 like this.
  11. socklord

Trusted

I just revisited G&G a few days ago. Still love it, but it sits in the middle of their discog for me as my third favorite from them

12. TomG

Trusted Supporter

This has remained super solid for me. Ranks up there with purple tied for 1st in their discography for me.

KidLightning likes this.
  13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I still think Yellow is their best.

14. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Purple the King

Anthony Brooks and socklord like this.
  15. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

Drewski, DaydreamNation, Orla and 2 others like this.
  16. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

purple and blue are their best

DaydreamNation likes this.
  17. PauLo

43% Burnt

There is no better three song stretch than the first three of Red. For that reason alone, it's best. Closely followed by Blue. Everything else has been fine, but i've never been all that keen on the stuff with clean vocals.

18. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

i like the older stuff but i definitely prefer purple and gold & grey (purple was my first exposure to them)

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think I can agree with this. Seeing them play that live all of those years ago, my ears still ring.

20. thank you for this very correct take

phaynes12 likes this.
  21. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Y&G is solid too

22. atlas

Trusted

hard to believe G&G is 2 years old now. I think there's a lot of great songs in there that haven't gotten their due bc people couldn't stop blubbering about the mixing (which I think serves the songs very well honestly but that's just my opinion)

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Throw Me an Anchor is constantly stuck in my head.

Anthony Brooks and radiodead like this.
  24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Fuck yeah the mix is fine. Love Pale Sun too, and people loved to bitch about it