Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Barb & Star Go To Vista Del Mar (February 12, 2021) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by trevorshmevor, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Starring/Featuring: Kristen Wiig, Annie Mumolo, Jamie Dornan, Damon Wayans Jr, Vanessa Bayer, Fortune Feimster, Wendi McLeandon-Covey

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

3. soggytime

Trusted

riotspray likes this.
  4. soggytime

Trusted

Update: I can confirm this is fucking hilarious. One of the best comedies I’ve seen in years.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  5. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Gonna try and watch tonight

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Half way through, I think I hate this? I can't make heads or tails of my feelings lol

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This is definitely Hot Rod level stupid. I don't think I had as much fun with it. It was fine? Thought some of the payoffs were really weak.

8. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I hated it, but also kind of loved it. Dumbest movie I’ve seen since Dude Where’s My Car.

9. Definitely have gotten the vibe since the start that I will either love it or hate it with almost no in between, haha. Will try to watch this weekend

10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Is there anywhere to watch it for less than a $19.99 rental?

trevorshmevor likes this.
  11. Jamie Dornan was perfect

phaynes12 likes this.
  12. Anyways perfect movie

phaynes12 and soggytime like this.
  13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

not yet but at least so far after a few months the price drops down, def gonna wait but looking forward to this

JRGComedy and trevorshmevor like this.
  14. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

this felt like Wiig's own Austin Powers and it was terrific. so many good gags

I need all of Jamie Dornan's hawaiian shirts.

15. Comparing it to Austin Powers/Macgruber/Pop Star and saying it's Hot Rod levels of stupid just made this a must-see for me so thanks ya'll. Will be a great Valentine's watch!

16. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Reviews seem..good. Ill watch tomorrow

17. Just finished watching this and it’s delightful. It’s like all those early 2000s dumb movies, and in the best way.

18. Jamie Dornan’s one scene (you know the one) killed me!

Zilla, Dan Quinlan and Drew Beringer like this.
  19. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

This was fine. The subtle sex jokes made me chuckle.

20. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I'm halfway through this and I guess I'll push through but this is nowhere near the level of McGruber or Popstar. I've laughed maybe twice so far and once was just bc I was excited to see Richard Cheese show up.

Henry likes this.
  21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I was fully expecting the ex-husband to show up and be Jason Statham or something. Was really disappointed with that arc.

22. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

This definitely made me miss when we would get like 3-4 of these mid-budget, goofy PG-13 comedies a year. I laughed a lot, but also felt something was a little off with the pacing and some bits didn't land. It could also be that Barb and Star are always at a level 10 energy and volume and rarely go down from there. But Wiig and Mumolo are great. Dornan is surprisingly funny. Loved Speedo Guy.

If this were the 2000s, I feel like this might be forgotten. But since it's a rare breed of comedy now, I think it'll stick around.

23. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

this was so much fun

:musical:Seagulls in a group, can you hear my prayer?:musical:

trevorshmevor and Dan Quinlan like this.
  24. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

Just waiting for the iTunes option to switch from Rent to Purchase...

25. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

this movie was a real titflapper, 10/10