Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Banshee (Cinemax) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Slangster, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Ughhhhhhhh

2. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

This season kinda sucks TBH. Who the hell thought it was a good idea to introduce all these new characters in a shortened final season? Just focus on the ones we know and love. It should have been Hood v. Proctor, not Hood v. DevilBro and Proctor v. the Nazis v. the Cartel. Also, agreed on skipping Burton's fight scene, such bullshit.

If DevilBro's eyes had opened during that final scene I would have considered skipping the finale

3. Jusscali

Devil bro showdown also a complete waste...

It really should have just been hood v. Proctor once and for all.

4. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

With all the faults of this season aside, Hood and Brock's scene in the dungeon is the best bit of acting I've seen from Antony Star this series. Really compelling stuff.

Wasn't surprised we didn't find out his real name.

Does Decklan come back next episode? Is that why he didn't fight?

5. drstrong

I'm Back.

Really not sure what Friday is gonna bring.

6. airik625

Yeah no clue. One episode left to tie up all these loose ends. Going to be quite a few story arcs that don't get the proper closure they deserve. Going to just have to deal with that right now.

7. drstrong

I'm Back.

Did I miss where he gave his real name? I only remember Brock asking him and then the door opened.

8. airik625

Yeah Decklan opening the door interrupted Hood. Still not convinced he was going to tell him in the first place though.

9. Jusscali

Maybe Hood still gets to kill Proctor if Proctor goes after Anna at the end...

10. drstrong

I'm Back.

Are we still convinced that Proctor's niece (blanking on her name) was killed by the satanic dude? I feel like we would have seen a glimpse of something.

11. airik625

Rebecca. Yeah. For sure. Hood confirmed that when Proctor asked him about it. Same MO and everything.

12. drstrong

I'm Back.

So then what's the conflict in the finale?

Hold on.

Proctor is going to ask Hood and Co. to help him against the cartel who will end up coming to collect.

There is literally nothing else that can go down with Hood and Co. that means anything.

Everyone keeps talking about the finale needs to be Proctor vs. Hood, but what if they 100% teamed up instead?

13. airik625

I'm expecting them to team up. They've been hinting at it for a few seasons now.

14. drstrong

I'm Back.

So they have 55 minutes to do the following, assuming they actually DO the following:

-Proctor vs the cartel.
    -Proctor vs the Nazis.
    -Possible Rebecca twist.
    -Fallout from Brock and Hood's conversation about the past couple of years being a lie.
    -Hood and Co. probably leaving Banshee.
    -Final resolution between Hood and Carrie, they have to end up together, right?
    -Nazi brother drama.

I don't know if I missed anything, but how do they plan on completing everything?

15. Jusscali

Cai is definitely gonna go after Carrie

16. drstrong

I'm Back.

Really? Proctor has no reason to go after her.

Also, in the preview doesn't it show someone fighting Bow Tie?

17. Jusscali

She keeps going after all his guys...

18. drstrong

I'm Back.

Ah, the DA, I forgot about that one. But man, we're gonna see Carrie getting killed quickly and then the resolution of that in just one episode, plus the rest of the shit? Damn...

This show is screwed no matter what.

19. Jusscali

Sadly it is...is the finale just an hour or longer?

20. drstrong

I'm Back.

Most likely just a normal episode, I think all the rest of the finales were.

See my above post with the bullet points, I think I covered all of the things which need to happen.

Also, is Job done now? He really has no reason to come back to Banshee.

21. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Just watched season 1 thanks to Jon Gabrus and Sean Clements championing this show. Really wish season 2 was streaming somewhere.

22. airik625

Ugh I can't believe that was the very last episode of this show. So many thoughts/emotions after that finale.

That was probably the best episode this season. I actually think they did a fine job of concluding all the story lines that needed a proper resolution.

I can't believe Hood and Carrie didn't end up together. Not even with Dawson.

If it hasn't been done already, someone needs to freeze frame that shot of Hood's file, zoom in, and see if we can't make out his real name.

I honestly thought Hood might die when Burton was choking the life out of him. Really cool flashbacks during that sequence. Great flashbacks throughout the entire episode really.

So Carrie is the only one that stayed in Banshee. And that's because she was getting Max back.

Loved the last exchange there between Brock and Bunker. Your real name is Kurt Bunker, right? Haha.

Jusscali likes this.
  23. Jusscali

Honestly it was definitely the weakest season...and the finale was rushed, but I left feeling satisfied. Got emotional in a few spots. Wished hood had spoken with Brock or left his real file for him, but overall it came together better than expected.

I'll really miss this fucking show. Hopefully Tropper will get a chance to write some more great fiction and Anthony gets a decent gig.

airik625 likes this.
  24. Jusscali

Was the show ended due to lack of viewership or simply because they were done with the story they wanted to tell?

25. airik625

Not sure. But I think they had a fairly large following.

I thought this was awesome: