Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Banshee (Cinemax) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Slangster, Apr 1, 2016.

1. airik625 Apr 22, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 22, 2016)
    airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Things are really starting to boil over in Banshee.

- Bunker is fucked. It's just a matter of time before his brother finds out about the affair. But then to find out they Watts is her dad...gotta say I did not see that coming. But based on previews from next week, calvin still proceeds to kill WattsPLUS once Kai learns that it's been Bunker providing the info to Carrie...there is going to be hell to pay.

- tensions between Brock and Kai are getting dangerous.

- I think I'm more than alright with the saranic cult story arc. This show has now touched just about every base when it comes to demographics. So as out of place as it seems, looking back on previous antagonists, it isn't completely out of the realm of possibility.

- Eliza Dushku seems to be a solid addition to the cast so far. Her smoking that crystal definitely caught me off guard. Also, she's had a lot of work done to her face. Hard not to notice.

2. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I absolutely loathe the lame Sinister/Rob Zombie effects to the cult scenes. I'm not completely against the story angle, but it really took me out of things.

3. drstrong

I'm Back.

I immediately thought of Baby and House of 1000 Corpses.

That said, who the fuck thought "lets throw in a Satanic cult!" Really makes no sense, was hoping that a cast member would have been the killer.

4. airik625

Kind of a slow episode tonight.

Before this episode, I never once thought Brock might die. However, now I'm beginning to think he doesn't survive. If the florist doesn't kill her, then the leader of that cult more than likely will.

5. airik625

And when the heck are Hood and Dawson going to screw? They've been teasing that for the past two episodes now. It's unlike Banshee to tease a sex scene for long ha.

6. Jusscali

I actually loved the episode. Really think after a slow start we are ready to roll

7. airik625

Only three episodes left now though.

8. Jusscali

Wtf! I was thinking 5 more...I thought it was 10 instead of 12 not 8 instead of 10. No way this gets wrapped up in time

9. airik625

I know they are going to have to force a lot into these last three episodes. Wish there could have been ten this season like you.

10. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

I liked the episode too but I hope the end results in Calvin becoming more interesting.

11. airik625

@Slangster i think we've seen the extent of his character. I bet Bunker end up having to kill him before the series is over.

12. Jusscali

Yeah he's there for bunker to kill lol

13. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

That's what I think too and if that's the case, I really don't like the ending to this episode. Watts was infinitely more interesting and fun to watch.

Jusscali likes this.
  14. airik625

I agree with that for sure. I'm still not sure I like the way it ended either. I thought the perfect time for Calvin to kill Watts would have been at the rally; in front of everybody where that had that little spat that way everyone would recognize him as their new leader or something.

Any guesses as to how the florist is going to attempt to kill Lotus?

Is she just going to try and shoot him?

Sugar needs to quit moping. I'm ready for him and Hood to be cool again, because this tension between them is not fun. Hopefully, Sugar will get that guest house cleaned up for Hood again.

Still looking forward to the inevitable showdown between Carrie and Deputy Cruz.

15. drstrong

I'm Back.

Did I miss something? Who the fuck is the florist?

Anyway, I was really hoping for Bunker and Calvin to have some sort of reconciliation in the form of mutual hatred toward Watts; but with only a few episodes left, it ended the best way it could have for time constraints. That said, I really wasn't expecting those last 30 seconds to go down the way they did, but I'm glad Calvin did that, for his own sake.

I agree that Hood needs to hook up with Dawson already, it's taking him too long to seal the deal.

At this point the serial killer just feels tacked on and not enough time to properly flesh out. There is far too many story lines to get through within only three more episodes.

-Hood's entire story - relationship with Job & Carrie, resolution with Proctor.

-The white supremacist stuff with Proctor and the cartel (has to be some mention again).

-Serial killer and resolution with either hood/proctor or the police. Something must happen.

I don't think I'm missing anything. Then again I have a strong feeling the show will just end without much resolution to anything. At this point, even with his DNA/prints taken, we still won't find out Hood's real name and more importantly, we won't see the reaction from everyone when finding out he isn't who he says he is.

Oh, and I believe that Brock will die and Bunker will take over as Sheriff. Or in a "yea right" way, Hood will take over as Sheriff again and we still won't know shit about who he really is.

Carrie will either die or end up with Hood, not anything else.

Job will end the series in drag, for sure.

Calvin will either be reformed a'la American History X, or be killed by Bunker.

16. airik625

@drstrong

I like your theories. I agree with most of them.

The florist was the lady the "cult leader" went to go see at the flower shop. He told him he had a job for her to do so she could serve their lord or whatever. That job was to obviously kill Sheriff Lotus, because this was directly after Brock called him out on tv.

17. drstrong

I'm Back.

Well I don't know where I was but I watched the entire damn thing, but this doesn't even ring a bell.

There is a preview for next week's ep where Lotus is laying on the asphalt in a strange position and not moving, staring straight up similar to Jon Snow at the end of last season...so who knows.

18. airik625

I haven't seen the previews for Friday's episode yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's when it happens.

19. drstrong

I'm Back.

Kind of lame if they spoil that in the damn preview.

20. airik625

Ugh. No way they let Hood completely strike out when it comes to saving his lovers from being brutally murdered, right?

I mean he HAS to succeed in saving Dawson. Imagine if Decklan does kill her like just as Hood is arriving ha. Speaking of, I'm glad he let Brock live for just a little bit longer.

Bunker is going to kill Calvin for sure.

Unless Kai can get to him first?

Is it just me, or does Carrie look pregnant? They seem to have been dressing her in black and baggy clothes this entire season. Plus her face does seem a bit more round. Could be way off though.

Also, what a letdown that was with Hood and Dawson in the hotel room. Hood cries at least once in every episode.

21. Jusscali

I liked the episode but still not covering enough ground and it's going in such a predictable direction.

22. drstrong

I'm Back.

I'm so confused as to what they'll finish the series off with because the rescuing of Dawson seems stupid and wouldn't be anything special. Honestly that should have been Carrie who was kidnapped.

I'm not looking forward to the Nazi stuff, but I do agree that Bunker is going to end up killing Calvin, and he deserves it at this point.

I'm starting to lean towards Proctor getting his ass handed to him by the cartel for failing to meet the requirements set up while on board that plane...although it will be sad to see him get taken out by a stranger to the show.

Judging from the preview for next episode, we see Hood finally revealing he isn't Hood...to someone and it looks like he's in a cave while doing it. I know there was at least 1 other person that knew his secret, and she ended up dying, but wasn't there another person who knew also?

I'm fairly certain at this point the show will finally end with Hood and possibly Job leaving Banshee while Carrie stays behind for her kids' sake.

23. airik625

I guess you're right; the cartel will be the end of Kai. Barton will take a few hundred guys out with him before he dies, but I wonder if that really is how he dies.

Have no idea who Hood is talking to when he screams, "I'm not Lucas Hood!"

I'm fine with Dawson being the woman who was kidnapped, though I feel like they should have introduced her character way earlier than they did, in order to give us a chance to form some kind of emotional attachment to her character. Two episodes just isn't enough for that.

There is a lot to conclude in these final two episodes.

24. drstrong

I'm Back.

Where the hell is Hood when he's talking? Well wait, he could have been saying that to Sugar in the bar just as a moment of frustration rather than a confession...goddamnit.

25. Jusscali

This is ...or seems...so.fucking.rushed.

Huge cop out not showing the Nazi showdown. Not one great fight set piece this year...