Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Banshee (Cinemax) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Slangster, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

Final season starts tonight. Such a fun, underrated show. Hopefully it goes out with a bang.

2. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I need to get back on board with this show. I think I made it through S2, but still need to watch S3.

I'm sure the final season will be nuts.

3. DeeZee

If Young Metro Don't Trust You... Prestigious

One of the best shows on TV! It will be missed, but I'm glad that they're trying to end things on a high note.

There's nothing worse than a TV show that continues past its expiration date. The last few seasons of Dexter--I'm looking at you.

4. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

This show absolutely gets better with each season, not unlike Black Sails.

It sucks that this is the last season, but no doubt they are going to go out with a bang.

What sucks even worse is I have no idea when I'll even be able to watch this new season. Not until I get a new computer anyhow. I've been looking forward to the premiere tonight for months.

5. Night Channels

Trusted

I watched the pilot a few years ago and just didn't go back to it because I didn't have Cinemax. Now that it's on Amazon Prime, I can check it out this weekend.

6. DeeZee

Oh boy, you're in for a real treat! I wish I could erase my memory and watch the first three seasons again with fresh eyes.

7. Night Channels

Trusted

Is is comparable to any other series?

My favorite shows over the past few years have been Breaking Bad, The Leftovers, and Justified.

8. DeeZee

I can't compare it to anything really. It's a high action show with tons of sex and nudity (in the first season), but the characters will keep you watching. All of them are memorable and fully fleshed out. I think you'll like it if you enjoyed Breking Bad and The Leftovers. Banshee is completely different, but all of them have their fair share of "what the fuck" moments.

9. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

It's definitely worth watching.

10. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

So pumped this is a back. Not the best start to the season, but interested to see where it is gonna go. I believe this season is shortened, but not completely sure. Sad to see it leave, because its definitely the show I look forward to watching more than any other on any network.

11. DeeZee

I hated last night's episode. Felt like a Twin Peaks ripoff or something. The mystery isn't interesting, Job deserves more attention than Rebbeca.

12. Jusscali

I'm rewatching it now, but it feels choppy. Not sure I love the time jump. Scared they can't find a new baddie as good as those in the past.

13. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

added Cinemax through Sling TV and this is a series I'm excited to watch

14. siim

qt

I liked the season premiere, but they might shoot themselves in the foot with the whole murder mystery thing. It's usually hard to make it work.

15. DeeZee

Yeah, it just feels so forced, almost like the show did a genre hop. I hope it's quickly dropped.

16. siim

qt

I'm afraid it will drag on whole season. Still excited though, Banshee helps to fill the void left by Justified.

17. DeeZee

You're probably right, but I hope we get some more crazy action sequences and crazy villains, the racist dude/cop's brother is kinda boring.

18. dash64

This is my design

I have a feeling the whole mystery aspect will play a larger role. Just not sure how yet.

19. Jusscali

There better be more than Nazi bro bro

20. dash64

This is my design

But which Nazi bro will win?

21. Jusscali

I love cop Nazi, but as this is the last season I don't think that whole story line was given the opportunity to be completed or handled correctly. They are just a sidebar to the bigger picture and I wish they'd just go away for now.

22. dash64

This is my design

Agreed. I don't mind him as a side character but to give him a prominent storyline in the last 8 episodes....

23. Jusscali

I still haven't decided if I like Proctor as Mayor yet or not.

24. dash64

This is my design

Proctor as mayor seems really convenient for the writers.

25. Jusscali

What would the incentive for him to become Mayor anyhow? Wasn't the whole point that he was de facto Mayor regardless of his official title in town? Seems redundant and unnecessary.