Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bands you loved that faded away • Page 76

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Penlab

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I loved Day Of Fire too and was actually low-key mad they broke up so he could rejoin Full Devil. Not sure if they're still a band though, they've been quiet for a while now.

neo506 likes this.
  2. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Deas Vail takes me back, I was way into them

3. chelsealouanne

Regular

The Latency (Canada represent!), Disco Curtis (still love Tanner's solo covers,).

4. BsideArchive

BsideArchive.com

One of my all time favorite bands. Just uploaded a ton of rare CR stuff to my blog :D

Bartek T. likes this.
  5. A short lived metalcore band I remember from the myspace days.

jesseisabigdeal likes this.
  6. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

i saw them live at least twice. they were insane.

Crisp X likes this.
  7. i made this playlist and have had it on shuffle non stop the last few days

Crisp X and Bartek T. like this.
  8. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

What a lovely playlist! Only made me upset there's so many greyed out albums, again so much not available here in Poland ehhh. And I'd actually love to listen to "...And Don't Forget To Breathe" right now! ;d

aspeedomodel and bradsonemanband like this.
  9. Ellamamama

This is your life, are you who you want to be?

Jeff Martin also released another album in 2021 under his latest band Coventry Woods. It's a little more electronic-based but still lovely. He has such a wonderful voice.

Coventry Woods - The Wrong Door

Leftandleaving and dtbjerke like this.
  10. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Anyone remember Destroy The Runner? I revisit I, Lucifer somewhat regularly but just realized how good the more recent EP is. I,L was so ahead of it’s time.

coleslawed and Crisp X like this.
  11. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Sure do! I saw them at least 3 times back in the day. Their first album was cookie cutter metalcore, and I think even they admitted it to themselves which led to the second album sounding the way it did.

A couple of the guys went on to form an ambient post-rock band called Other Mountains. I've only listened to one EP:

Glassell EP, by Other Mountains

coleslawed, Crisp X and Bartek T. like this.
  12. The Emologist

Crusted

13. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Oh cool, enjoyed Other Mountains a lot, I think Teppei from Thrice produced their first EP (can hardly find any information on those years now), but they did have more good material too

coleslawed, theagentcoma and Crisp X like this.
  14. I, Lucifer is one of my favorite metalcore (?) albums from that era. It helps that the riffing leans towards post-hardcore at times, and the clean vocals sounded refreshing compared to anyone else that did that heavy screamed verses - poppy sung choruses thing.

I mostly remember the first Other Mountains EP because I would listen to "Demons" a lot. That song ruled.

15. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I really liked Saints and Red from the first LP but yea cookie cutter indeed. The memory is hazy now but at the time of I,L’s release Im pretty sure I missed the more traditional metalcore sound and lamented the poppier direction but the vocals really were on another level and there are a lot of beautiful soundscapes and instrumentation that should’ve grabbed more people. It really does hold up well.

Underwater on Void is so good too. Not sure why I didn’t listen to this more.
    Definitely gonna check out other mountains.

coleslawed, Crisp X and theagentcoma like this.
  16. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Searching for Teppei's credits I've only just now discovered a band called The Out_Circuit that he has produced and was formed by Nathan Burke from Frodus, guest vocals on the album by Dustin from Thrice too, as well as Sean from Coalesce - weird I wasn't aware of that record in 2008! Quite cool! and I guess it's a bit off-topic cause I see now that they're still going, but maybe somebody here liked Frodus or Coalesce ;d

17. satellitexyears

Death Touches Us, From the Moment we Begin to Love Supporter

Frodus "We Washed Our Weapons Into the Sea" is an excellent album. Bought the cd back in 2002 because they were the first generation Fueled By Ramen. Got the vinyl last year but it has some clicking on most of side a.

I remember when The Achrmy Index (Earth) came out and I heard their Frodus cover. I respected Thrice even more than I already did at that point!

coleslawed and Bartek T. like this.
  18. satellitexyears

Late to this comment but I really wish they'd press their first two albums. Especially Birds and Cages.

I got to see them in Toronto when they opened for Copeland in 2009 and they were brilliant live.

Bartek T. and theagentcoma like this.
  19. satellitexyears

A Canadian "emo" band from the early '00s from Estevan, Saskatchewan called Filmmaker. They released one EP and one full length. If you start from 30:01 this is the full length, and one of my all time favorite albums ever.

(FFO: Jimmy Eat World, The Weakerthans and anything good like that!)

(Favorite tracks: Sing to You, Last Year's Fashions, The Luckiest Boy, Goodnight Suicide, Breathing Room).

20. wood&wire

just one of those ghosts

Whoa—did not know Teppei produced that! The Japan EP. I was looking around for that a few months ago but couldn't find much, just a few songs on Youtube. Too bad that's not on Bandcamp or anything.

Bartek T. likes this.
  21. It is though? It's on their bandcamp that was posted on the previous page:

22. wood&wire

just one of those ghosts

okay look at me playing the fool. haha thanks

coleslawed and Crisp X like this.
  23. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Dear and the Headlights. Fantastic band.

24. ScubaSteve182

Regular

I'm sure it's been said in here but I miss Hostage Calm.

25. In an alternate world Hostage Calm would've had the success Turnstile is getting right now. I've made that comparison a few too many times that it's starting to sound lazy or dismissive, I mean it as a compliment as I love both bands! It's just that the former's blend of genres was unique and also had huge crossover potential, like we're witnessing with the latter act at the moment.