Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bands you loved that faded away • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Tyler

Regular Supporter

Wow, did not expect to heard about this band again. I saw them a few times growing up and going to shows.

2. Tyler

Regular Supporter

Veda aka Vedera. I saw them open for Thrice and Underoath and really enjoyed that first record.

3. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

Cymbals. Band put out one of my favourite records in a long time, then just completely disappeared and stop playing shows.

Carpenter as well. First they disappeared. Then they released a killer new single while also announcing a new album for Fall 2015. Then disappeared again. Where you at guys ????

4. panthersoup

I am more or less alive

The Graduate. God I miss them. Such an injustice that they never got big.

5. HalfHearted

Regular

Cassino.

Thought they were supposed to release something last year or this year but cant remember. Want new music badly.

6. nchlsnwtn

Regular Prestigious

not sure if this would fully qualify but blink-182, for me. I loved blink all through out high school and even loved neighborhoods, but everything with tom and the constant delays leading to his exit, I just don't care anymore. And that saddens me. I was so obsessed with this band that I was planning to get a tattoo in their honor after I turned 18. so yeah, within my own little world, blink 182 faded away from me.

Raku likes this.
  7. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Over It. I still play the hell out of "Silverstrand" all the time

8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

One of the dudes is like a doctor so it hasn't been a priority for him hah

9. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

Interviewed them like 10 years ago, and never understood why they never broke bigger. Great upbeat poppy sound.

Lots of bands in this thread that I've forgotten about.
    Crime in Stereo are still around (not dead). Still great live, and working on new music supposedly
    Moneen also played a show recently, which was great, but no word on new music.

I think a lot of bands just get older, and they move on.

10. Selkies

That guy looks familiar

I forgot I made this post and wanted to expand a bit. The 2 EPs were pretty great. Lightworker was a small change of sound (less heavy? Haven't listened in awhile). I expected them to be much bigger in the scene. I think the singer is in Chiodos now. I don't see them ever doing anything again.

11. Penguin

just let me cry a little bit longer Prestigious

He joined Chiodos, then they kicked him out and took Craig back, then kind of faded away themselves...

12. dvdjmskng

The horizon is my home... Supporter

This was the band that I first thought of! Their first album was a bit of a mixed bag, but they really refined their sound on their second album. Shall we start a petition for a 3rd album?

13. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

14. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

After confirming a hiatus on fb yesterday - Kiven ;( did somebody here listen to these guys? they were really cool, and I actually got to know them thanks to ap.net exclusives.

trevorshmevor and Transient_Hymn like this.
  15. I think the band is done, but the singer Wesley Blaylock released a self-titled EP in 2012 that was pretty cool. More acoustic based. There hasn't been any news for a few years regarding any kind of follow-up though.

Penguin likes this.
  16. I loved Before Braille! They've been fresh in my mind because I've been trying to sell off my CD collection and I'm having a hard time finding any takers for all my Before Braille CDs haha. The singer of BB released a double-album as Art for Starters in 2009 and another solo album as Loyal Wife in 2012. Both have some pretty cool tunes.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  17. Anti-Counter-Culture

Regular

Failure.

elemenohpe likes this.
  18. JettaPA

CSTVT and Felix Culpa were the two that jumped immediately to my mind when I saw this thread, glad others thought so too. Two more:
    Bridge & Tunnel
    So Long Forgotten

19. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Paulson! Where are you Paulson!?

20. josephcissell

Regular

Couldn’t agree more with both of these! Close The Distance has grown to become one of my favorite albums actually. Something about the way those songs were written really stuck with me, and I attribute that to Jason’s ability to craft some pretty infectious music.

I completely forgot about Secret & Whisper until you mentioned them, but man, I was seriously into them for a while. Going to go put Great White Whale on now just because of this.

21. Damn, All at Once is such a great album. Still go back to that one from time to time.

22. Collins

Trusted

I miss the Lonely Forest. Coyote and Go Outside were my jams. I got to see them on a tour with Now, Now and they were fantastic. Also super nice guys. The singer saw me and my friend get picked up by our ride in front of the venue and wished us a safe drive home. Their guitarist was also really friendly as well.

I thought they were on the verge of breaking out, but it just wasn't in the cards for them.

23. Louie

Takes a Bit More

Park. 1000x Park. Ladd Mitchel is an awesome song writer and I wish they did more after that EP a couple years ago. I guess they didn't get the attention they needed to keep going. Honestly a bad I would actually fly to the middle of no where(Illinois?) to see.

Edit: Awesome to see they were mentioned pretty quickly in the thread.

24. Raku

Regular

Unfortunately I'm into a lot of bands that fall into this spectrum so to avoid flooding this topic I'm gonna keep myself limited to ten bands (in this post).

1) Limp is one band that I'm gonna list. Lasting from 1994 to 2002, they had a lot of potential. I find it a shame that they never made it big (or even continued as a band).

2) The Loved Ones is another band that I'm gonna list. A pretty cool band fronted by Dave Hause who for some reason is going solo, and leaving this band around to do nothing (they haven't announced a break up, or a hiatus so I'm confused by the status of this band).

3) Sloppy Meateaters is another broken up band (lasting from 1999 to 2006). They managed five albums (also one split, and one side album "under the weather") before splitting.

Under the Weather

Sloppy Meateaters

4) Amazing Transparent Man is again a broken up I'm talking about (1997 to 2004)

5) Flashlight Brown is another band that hasn't announced a hiatus or split, but hasn't done anything since (I think maybe) 2007.

Flashlight Brown - A Freak

6) Guttermouth is another band I have no clue what is going on with. Apparently they were working on a new album back 2008 in celebration of the band's 20th anniversary, but haven't really done much (they did release a split with "the new threat" back in 2011, but haven't done much other than occasional tours since).

Guttermouth - Whiskey

7) Pain is a band that was active from 1994 to 1999 and apparently they have been on a hiatus since. They're one of those "weird band" I can't help but like.

Nitro by Pain

8) Sicko is another band I'm confused on, but I guess it's safe to assume they also broke up because they haven't been active since 2001.

Sicko - Bad Years

9) Stroke 9 (this time I'm not gonna post a link) is another confusing band. Honestly I have no clue what is happen with this band because the last time they released something concrete was back in 2007, and if they have released stuff since it's been extremely confusing since then.

Stroke 9 - Runaway (lyrics)

10) The Black Pacific
    (again not going to post a link) is a band that I was pretty hyped about. Shame that Jim didn't do anything else with this band after reuniting with Pennywise. Apparently he had some songs written either for a new album or EP for the band, but unfortunately that never came to fruition =/

The Black Pacific - Kill Your Idols

Again, gonna cut myself off because I don't want to flood this topic with bands.

25. Jack Wilmott

Self-described freestyle wizard poet.

100% this. At least Dave Hause is releasing solid albums.

I'm gonna say Open Hand

I remember them putting out a really cool stoner rock type album called You and Me. I read an article about all the trouble they had around that time. I believe the singer was basically left alone to fulfil the contract or something so broke as hell he locked himself in a studio and recorded this amazing album. I think the rest of the band came back after hearing it but it was short lived.

Not sure if they got caught up in all the Trustkill records controversy but sadly they just couldn't seem to keep it up. I think they still exists in some form and even released a follow up.