Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bands you loved that faded away • Page 46

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Apr 11, 2016.

1. HalfHearted

Regular

Brings me back to the mp3.com days.

bradsonemanband and tomdelonge like this.
  2. tomdelonge

Trusted

mp3.com pop punk was a fine moment in music; Fake ID, Brody Punk, Agent Felix, Ten Times A Day, Smackin Isaiah, 5 piece Fall Out Boy...

hiddentrack and bradsonemanband like this.
  3. HalfHearted

Regular

Smackin' Isaiah was my greatest find. A Wilhelm Scream is easily my favorite band of all time.

RedDotRecording and tomdelonge like this.
  4. GBlades

Trusted

The Graduate came on shuffle tonight and wow, I miss this band. 2 albums of sheer bop.

CAC3, Yellowcard2006, Brent and 5 others like this.
  5. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Anybody remember Damiera?

6. Yes! I loved both albums. The singer's now fronting Hidden Hospitals who are quite underrated and kind of a natural continuation of Damiera's sound.

7. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I didn't know that, I will have to check them out!

8. Just a few of my favorite songs

RedDotRecording and KidLightning like this.
  9. GBlades

Trusted

Don't even know what happened to Shining Through but they came on my playlist the other day:

10. I wonder what THIS IS THE HOSPITAL’s members have been up to. I was realllllly into them for a minute. They broke up but then eventually played some reunion shows, but I think they went radio silent again after those.

11. It pains me that I can't find the Don Gilmore sessions (Don't Ask Don't Tell sounded so good compared to the Challenger version) anymore, and that they never released the new album they hinted at in 2011. Hopefully there's more to come from them

12. I legit don't know where to post this. I'm freaking out so hard right now. It felt like they were teasing a reunion for so many years and it's finally happening:

rdk154 likes this.
  14. Really wish we would have got another Name Taken album

15. Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

17. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

For the hell of it, I recently rewatched the documentary Bastards of Young. Among a lot of cringe inducing scenes, a highlight was seeing the band Paulson getting screentime. Such a great band.

18. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

A friend of a friend was at their last show and apparently there was some sort of fist fight between the band lmfao

Also seconding Sparks the Rescue, Eyes to the Sun is an excellent pop rock record

Brent and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  19. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

A few years back From Autumn to Ashes got back together and played a few reunion shows. They basically disappeared after that. Looks like we might be getting something in the new year:

20. atlas

Trusted

It is a goddamn catastrophe this band didn't blow up. They were heavy, catchy, original, technically proficient, they had everything

21. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

oh man I loved this band. I won tickets to see them for free. That was before I had a smartphone and I had no way of proving it to the guy at the door. He let me in anyways lol. Sick band.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  22. Loved Exotic Animal Petting Zoo so much. Earlier this year, the drummer was saying on their facebook page that he had wanted to get the band back together and write some stuff for a good while but real life and taxing jobs got in the way.

theagentcoma likes this.
  23. HalfHearted

Regular

Pinsky's album Losing Touch is still one of my favorites.

FloatThroughMe likes this.
  24. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

anyone remember sound team?