Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bands you loved that faded away • Page 43

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Apr 11, 2016.

1. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I used to love this song.

Weird LiBrary likes this.
  2. Great album. Never cared for their follow up to this album though (except for Earthquakes and Sharks)

3. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Speaking of Number One Fan

Weird LiBrary likes this.
  4. tomtom94

Trusted

I don't know if I already mentioned them in this thread but I have been listening to Broadway Calls again - a band I only got into many years after their peak - and I am absolutely baffled they weren't huge. They should be touring with Rise Against and the like. I know they're still around and apparently working on a new album (?) but yeah, they have absolutely faded away

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Good Views, Bad News is a great album

RedDotRecording and Joe4th like this.
  6. I like about half of Good Views a lot, but I think Comfort/Distraction is one of the best albums of that entire scene. I really hope they play some midwest shows soon.

7. GBlades

Trusted

Broadway Calls, what a throwback!

RedDotRecording likes this.
  8. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I remember how the lead singer decided to be totally original and point out how Warped Tour was

9. Very of its time, but I always get nostalgic when I hear either of their albums. I remember discovering them by accident. Leading up to the release of ISSWS, Emery were premiering The Poor And The Prevalent on a website's radio -I can't remember the name but I guess it was mainly focused on Christian pop/rock bands-, and the first song above was aired just prior. The second song also features Aaron Gillespie.

RIYL: The Classic Crime, Anberlin, Ivoryline...

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  10. This band and album remains one of my favorite ap.net discoveries. Hard to believe that first album is already almost 10 years old.

Orla likes this.
  11. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Dude, one of my favorite ap.net discoveries too! Loved the first one. Think they were a free music Friday find?

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  12. I'm not sure. That or they might have been on the Absolute 100 feature of that year. If I remember well you could stream the album on their ap.net profile.

disambigujason likes this.
  13. Crisp X Aug 28, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 1, 2019)

I still wonder what happened to this. I've been listening to their discography and realizing how well Penny Black holds up despite the weird mix. Chris put one hell of a performance.

14. Tomozaurus

Regular

Midgar

I'm sure there are others, but I can't remember 'cause they faded away.

15. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I know this is an old post, but I've never looked at this thread. The first half of All at Once are some of the best songs of that time, hands-down.

My band picked the producer for our first EP because he worked on that album.

Patterns in Traffic likes this.
  16. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I miss The Tower and the Fool. Put out one album and disappeared.

The dude's solo stuff was not good afterwards.

PeacefulOrca and Leftandleaving like this.
  17. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Whatever happened to Diamond Youth?

Leftandleaving likes this.
  18. brandon

Regular Prestigious

I still listen to this song often

Leftandleaving and JamesMichael like this.
  19. I was about to take umbrage at the "first half" qualifier here but then I looked at the tracklist and yeah, all the heavy hitters are pretty frontloaded on that album. Still really love the whole thing though. Very cool that you worked with the same producer!

20. Anoter gem from the ap.net days. Their album was produced by David Bendeth and I definitely recommend it to fans of Ivoryline, The Audition, Billy Talent and bands of that kind:

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  21. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

The sound of these songs takes me backkkkk

22. tomdelonge

Trusted

Anybody remember Rudiger?

23. tomdelonge

Trusted

who's got all the mp3.com pop punk shiz?

Ten Times A Day
    Agent Felix
    Brody Punk
    Fake ID
    Smackin' Isaiah

What was Ilan and Aaron Rubin's pop punk band called?

There's another band whose name I'm totally spacing on...I think it began with an A, maybe 3 words or a 3 letter first word? I think they were from Eastern PA, really Screeching Weaselish pop punk trio, I feel like there was a go-kart on the album cover...

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  24. Denver Harbor! Their album was so good, especially when you realize Ilan was 15 when they made it.

mattylikesfilms and tomdelonge like this.
  25. tomdelonge

Trusted

Denver Harbor was great, the band Im thinking of was pre Denver Harbor, like 2001. They were called FOD or something...a 3 letter acronym

Kross and Petit nain des Îles like this.