Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bands you loved that faded away • Page 42

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

What ever happened to Horropops? It’s like they fell off the face of the earth shortly after Kiss Kiss Kill Kill was released.

mercury likes this.
  2. I miss Harvard / HRVRD

3. SmashRipsaw Apr 8, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 8, 2019)
    SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

I might have listened to that Noise Ratchet album a thousand times in high school. They got signed to a major label, who immediately screwed them over and refused to release their new album. They eventually got the rights back later, and it was a pretty great album, but I think they were already broken up by then.

HalfHearted and alexmacwilliam like this.
  4. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

I only discovered Coasta a few weeks ago and am very disappointed that they have never released another album

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  5. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

Paulson. Every. god. damn. time. Their first album wasn't anything special, but holy shit the second album was up there with genre and era defining records for me. I still listen to it and love it to this day - and its aged really well, in my opinion. They were just super unique in all areas. The only way I can ever describe them is like a poppier and emo-er (?) Minus The Bear. I know a few guys on here will know them - represent if so!

I don't really know what happened to them. Seemed like nice guys.

6. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

Me too. Although I do really like Foreign Air. Just no where near as impactful as Harvard ever were, of course. Incomparably so.

7. :fist: Represent! This album is incredible and it still holds up. They deserved a lot more recognition.

8. Wasn't aware of a new project, I'll check it out later

9. Richard

Trusted Prestigious

Oh yeah for sure, check them out. They're more in the indie pop mainstream and have been supports on some tours like Bishop Briggs, Bleachers (who they aren't a world away from), Alice Merton, and others. Plus played a bunch of "mainstream" festivals in the past couple of years. I think the song "In The Shadows" is a good entry point!

10. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Probably my number one band that just seemed to have faded away is The Gay Blades. I believe we’ll get Bastards one day - but I miss getting to see them live.

Slangster likes this.
  11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

@LessThanTrevor LOVE them. Every so often I see them post a thing or two which makes me think there is still some sort of hope in the future.... we'll see

12. Had to recommend this as I forgot how good it was, a shame that their albums aren't on Spotify though. RIYL: Acceptance, Cartel, Ivoryline, Anberlin, Sullivan...

Their first album can be heard here:

SmashRipsaw likes this.
  13. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

What happened to Title Fight and Seahaven?

14. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

This is the last thing I read before falling asleep last night. I had a dream Title Fight announced a new tour. I was pretty disappointed when I woke up and realized it was only a dream haha

15. Dog Fish

Mutt

Anatomy of a Ghost > Portugal

bradsonemanband likes this.
  16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

In no world is that true

Joe4th likes this.
  17. JamesMichael Jun 22, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 22, 2019)
    JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Anyone remember these? Very early 2000's post-hardcore era band.

18. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Just listened to who’s killing who the other day! Love that song.

19. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

So good! Damn I really miss this era of music. Lots of solid bands that never really hit it ‘big’ that should of in my opinion.

Raku likes this.
  20. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Hello

SmashRipsaw and popdisaster00 like this.
  21. GBlades

Trusted

popdisaster00 likes this.
  22. Fox83

Trusted

Probably mentioned here already but always deserving of a mention:

23. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Think Against the Grain by Over It is still my jam

supernovagirl, irthesteve and Fox83 like this.
  24. Hahahah I love how Audrina (from The Hills) is in this video.

supernovagirl and Fox83 like this.