Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bands you loved that faded away • Page 41

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Apr 11, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

oooh and this band

alexmacwilliam likes this.
  2. irthesteve

Yesssss

3. irthesteve

ok last one... for today

4. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Been a looooooooooong time since I listened to Monty Are I.

5. I've been trying to remember this band/song/video for forever and it finally just came to me!

6. eight30

Regular

These two may have been discussed in this thread already but I'm apparently on a nostalgia kick because I listened to Matchbook Romance yesterday and today I'm listening to Forgive Durden- Razia's Shadow/ I forgot how into this I was.

7. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Razia's Shadow was so sick! Was weirdly thinking about that yesterday...

8. zachmacD Apr 3, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 3, 2019)
    zachmacD

Trusted

I'm sure these bands have been mentioned already (maybe even by me) but I really used to love:

A Thorn for Ever Heart - 1st album was great then they got screwed by their label on album 2

A Change of Pace- Their first album along with the song "Thin Red Line" were awesome and it's a shame the singer lost his ability to scream. I think their lyrics were noticeably worse when there weren't screams covering up of some of them. I know Weekend Warriors is their most popular song but man does that song suck.

Emanuel- Awesome band who took off too much time between albums and made too drastic of a change from album 1 to 2.

This Providence - Who Are You Now is such a great album but it seems like they never made it to the next level.

I know they had multiple albums but A Skylit Drive's first EP is still a staple for me. Idk if atmospheric is the right word to describe their songs, but those songs were just huge sounding and didn't seem to follow the usual song structure that were being put out by their peers. Same thing goes for blessthefall. That first album was incredible but their newer stuff never did it for me.

heavyheavylowlow was another band I adored but they seemed to lose a bunch of steam on TNATTS.

9. jesseisabigdeal

Regular

heavy heavy low low got worlds better with turtle nipple. i made a forum for them if you'd like a place to discuss them

zachmacD likes this.
  10. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

The Hey Man! is very much my shit.

zachmacD likes this.
  11. I used to love This Providence so much. So, so much.

12. irthesteve

@Anna Acosta @zachmacD

Completely different style from This Providence, but the singer's current solo project released an album last year and it's pretty chill and enjoyable

sonder and zachmacD like this.
  13. zachmacD

Trusted

I agree. I wasn’t super stoked on it when it came out but I eventually began to really enjoy it. I put them on in the car the other day and my girlfriend was horrified

14. zachmacD

Trusted

Great album/show opener!

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  15. zachmacD

Trusted

I saw them with Paramore, CIWWAF, and Hit the lights in ...2006 and fell in love immediately

16. zachmacD

Trusted

Thanks for this! My brother will be stoked as well

irthesteve likes this.
  17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

This Providence self-titled album is an absolute favorite of mine from that era. Just such a great vibe to the whole thing. Anytime I hear Wolf In Sheep's Clothing I lose control.

18. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Speaking of bands that faded away and the phrase Lose Control:

Leftandleaving and Gjpeace like this.
  19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

WHERE IS HORSE THE BAND

20. Losing Control is actually my fave TP song

21. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Playing shows every now and then.

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I could get behind that. It's definitely up there for me. It actually gets stuck in my head out of nowhere pretty frequently now that I think about it. I'm listening to the album now and it really holds up so well.

23. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

If they ever reunite and play Riot Fest, I'm going to need at least a 20 foot radius when they play that song haha.

zachmacD likes this.
  24. zachmacD

Trusted

I wouldn’t get your hopes up. I think the singer manages a Pizza Hut or something and isn’t really involved in music anymore.

25. Davjs

Trusted

I love this dudes voice.

Fox83 and Patterns in Traffic like this.