Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bands you loved that faded away • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Apr 11, 2016.

1. futures

I love Person L. Probably my fave Kenny Vasoli project.

mattylikesfilms, Bartek T. and Orla like this.
  2. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

I thought I saw on Facebook or maybe AP.net that they were teasing something. It was a picture of all of them in a room together again.

3. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

Sherwood. I know they are back but they just never gained the traction I thought they would back then

4. fran.182

Regular Prestigious

The Juliana Theory. I don't think they could ever be that big (reaching the mainstream and getting lots of airplay), but I could envision them reaching Thrice/Thursday heights with some luck and promotion.

Chris Prindle and 8123 like this.
  5. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Idiot Pilot was another one. Saw them on Taste of Chaos (2007 maybe?), really enjoyed them, and never heard from them again.

There was (is?) also a band by the name of The Honey Brothers that featured Adrian Grenier on drums that released a few EPs and a fantastic album that haven't really done anything since.

Zilla likes this.
  6. Gotye! Absolutely. Got huge, got a check, and he bounced. Ha. His last album was fantastic.

JRGComedy likes this.
  7. Good call. What the hell happened to them?!

8. duermete

Long Lost Ceiling

As Tall As Lions. Lafcadio hooked me in and their self titled was just incredible.

9. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

The first time I heard "Made from Dust" I got such chills. They had some real great tunes for sure!

10. drstrong

I'm Back.

Keepsake

This Day and Age

In Reverent Fear

Riding Bikes

Brandtson

beachdude42 and elemenohpe like this.
  11. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Name Taken and Spitalfield! ;(

I miss them as well, was thinking about them lately, spinning "Wolves", and trying to look for any new projects from their main vocalist - his voice is wasting itself somewhere there, as far as I'm concerned ;P

12. Battery

Yes! I like their solo projects a lot, but i miss this band so much :tear:

13. drstrong

I'm Back.

At 32, I believe that the best era for emo/screamo/whatever you want to call it was between 1999ish and 2005ish. I find myself going back to these handful of years over and over again, with some newer stuff tossed in there, but everything sounds so similar today.

Chris Prindle and Tommy like this.
  14. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

This times a thousand. The songwriting on the A Great Big Hole and I Wish More People... is some of the most poignant, clever stuff I've heard in years. Ben may be my favorite songwriter. Such a shame I never caught them live.

JRGComedy likes this.
  15. dustyfloors

Baskiceball Champion

No idea. They did a full US tour to support "A Gentle Reminder" and then played some shows as Knapsack and nothing since. They've been radio silent since 2014.

16. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Looks like the other guy has other projects that I just learned about, Glowbug - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, but nothing from the vocalist.

17. fyebes Apr 12, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 15, 2016)
    fyebes

Regular Prestigious

while it's a little too early to say it yet, I think Spraynard is going to become one of those bands that I can add to this list. they released that third full-length last year, and I feel like they haven't done much since besides a short UK run with such gold.

18. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Thanks, yeah I'm actually pretty familiar with Glowbug, he's got plenty of music under that moniker, and one more project, which was more like folk-indie, I didn't follow that other one much. It's all cool and I should probably give The Ghost and The Grace a second chance, but I just wish for M. Harris to to anything musical, he was one of my most enjoyed vocalist, very diverse, and gave a spin on mixing himself with Radiohead/Muse-sounding vocal lines.

19. LiveFast_DieOld

Regular

Crime in Stereo is one of my favorite bands, if not favorite. This "reunion" has been a real tease -- although they have posted studio updates and stuff, so hopefully new music soon. They're just taking their time.. a looooot of time...

20. Moneen

Tyler, HalfHearted and Bartek T. like this.
  21. Blame Myspace Records!

22. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Anatomy of a Ghost.

23. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

Houston Calls
    The Junior Varsity
    Red Light Green Light
    Meg & Dia
    Madison
    My American Heart

Essie and troyplaysbass like this.
  24. cherrywaves

Trusted

Good seeing the Junior Varsity and Day at the Fair mentioned.

Gonna throw out Houston Calls, Recover, and Terminal

25. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Was coming back here to say Terminal. They were so good.