Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bands you loved that faded away • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Apr 11, 2016.

1. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

They announced last year they are on a hiatus :/

2. demo

i said dont @ me

secret and whisper. they had two solid albums with their last album teenage fantasy being legitimately great and a huge step up that showed massive potential for a band in their genre. i still listen to them all the time and hope for their return.

3. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

Dear Landlord? They never broke up, but they released an awesome debut record in 2009 and haven't done anything since. Maybe a few EPs or a 7" but that's it. I think they only play The Fest now and nothing else too since the members have a bunch of side projects. It's too bad because I thought they were one of the better bands to come from that style of punk.

4. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Now I remember that announcement :/ At least I got to see them play once.

bd007h likes this.
  5. dustyfloors

Baskiceball Champion

The Jealous Sound.
    I love them so much. They became active again with "Gentle Reminder" then there were a couple Knapsack reunions a couple years ago and nothing since. Pretty bummed.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  6. chhholly123

i’ve been meaning to tell you

Dude yes. I liked Great White Whale but I remember being completely blown away by their second album. They post old photos on Facebook from time to time and it just makes me sad.

7. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

A guy I play an MMO with all the time was apparently in YMAEWK and it was the weirdest moment haha. We were talking about visiting different places and he kept mentioning "When I was on tour..." so I asked what band he was in and he said "Oh this indie pop band no one's heard" and it was them of all fuckin bands. I was just like "WHAT HAPPENED TO Y'ALL?!"

Mokena likes this.
  8. Fucking Dustin

My pick is probably Closure In Moscow but maybe they never went away and I'm just oblivious to the world around me. PMToday too though.

9. demo

i said dont @ me

which mmo????

10. Fucking Dustin

Final Fantasy XIV which is the only one I play currently but looking to go away from it for a bit and start something else

11. mena

This whole box is Pepe Silvia! Prestigious

Evaline. There was quite a bit of time between their EP and debut album (both which I loved), and then they completely disappeared after the album. Their singer has his own soundcloud now, and he makes his own jewelry and has a decent following on instagram for his photography, so I think he went off to do his own thing. No idea about the rest of them.

The Emologist and Crisp X like this.
  12. demo

i said dont @ me

i almost ended up trying that out but i got elder scrolls online instead. which i enjoy the little amount ive played, but i always end up back on wow which im playing as we speak.

13. Fucking Dustin

I tried WoW so many times and couldn't do it but I think it also has to do with how shitty my computer was when I tried so may give it another spin haha

14. demo

i said dont @ me

yeah ive been playing since 2006 lol ill never stop. i just took a break but im back now just resubbed this week. got 5 characters at max level right now

15. johnnyferris

Just got into Kill Them With Kindness last month. Really good stuff.

16. johnnyferris

Been revisiting the Forecast tonight and now I'm listening to June.

troyplaysbass, Essie and muttley like this.
  17. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

The one I really can't get over is The Morning Of. I think with more time, they would have been one of the better pop bands in this scene. The progress between their debut and sophomore showed that they were on the right track.

y2jayjk, cybele and elemenohpe like this.
  18. SoundInTheSignals

@Bake_Wear / soundinthesignals.com

Jenoah had a ton of potential and I really liked the EP they released. They had a few singles after and just kind of faded away. Drive-Thru X-(.

Oh yeah and Student Rick. They were rad.

19. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Off the top of my head, Polar Bear Club and Person L.

@johnnyferris Love the hell out of that song, and that album.

mattylikesfilms and johnnyferris like this.
  20. DesolateEarth

Birb

Ivoryline. There Came A Lion and Vessels were solid records. Maybe a little preachy at times but I was willing to overlook that because of how good they were. They have been a little more active on social media recently, but almost no word on any new music for years now :(

21. indecipherable Apr 12, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 12, 2016)
    indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

Brightwood
    Edison Glass
    The Working Title
    Grammatics

22. My roommate liked that band so much that he named his dog Jenoah. They loved that, and told him they'd put a picture of his dog in the liner notes of their next record... which ended up never getting made.

23. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Listened to this album recently & was surprised how well it holds up. Really disappointed this band didn't pick up more steam, but Make It Blur was definitely a weird & clunky follow-up, so I can't be surprised. Even its songs that most resembled their s/t sound were nowhere near as catchy.

24. Paul Beaumont

Crime In Stereo. They announced their reunion years ago all they seem to have done is support The Movielife on theirs.

LiveFast_DieOld likes this.
  25. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Here's another one: Fastball. Loved that band in the 90s, and then their post-fame follow-up was great, and then they just fell off the map. Supposedly there's a new record in the works.

Essie likes this.