Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bandcamp Release 2017 Stats

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Bandcamp have released some of their 2017 stats, there’s some fun gems in here:

17,872 tapes were released on Bandcamp this year. That’s an average of almost 50 tapes per day, or one every 29 minutes. If you’re anything like me, you will now be feeling an uncomfortable combination of shock, confusion, and heart-warming joy. Don’t panic—it’s normal. That’s your brain carving out new neural pathways to accommodate the realization that you’re more mainstream than you thought you were.

And:

Ever since I found out that “Atlas” is the most popular band name on Bandcamp (still – 77 and counting!) I’ve been intrigued by common band names. They’re always words that are short and generic enough to be statistically probable names, but still somehow meaningful to the bands using them.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  2. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I wonder why Atlas is so popular?

skurt likes this.
  3. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

4. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

artbynickferran, Essie and skurt like this.
  5. Sander

kflkmflkm

I bet most of those are shitty djent bands