Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Band of Horses - Why Are You OK (June 10, 2016) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by jkauf, Apr 14, 2016.

1. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

It bugs me that we don’t have a new album thread but are we in too deep at this point ?

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I didn't start this thread, so I can't fix it, but sometimes when an album thread doesn't get more than like, a page of replies, I just turn it into a band thread haha

coleslawed likes this.
  3. irthesteve

Honestly never even knew this project existed, is it just these 4 songs that have been released?

Brother Beck likes this.
  4. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

As far as I know it's only those few songs on that SoundCloud page, and he did a small tour around that time.

irthesteve likes this.
  5. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I think a lot of that solo project merged into that Iron & Wine collab album

Brother Beck likes this.
  6. irthesteve

ooooh interesting, I definitely listened to that one a few times

7. Badtasteinmusic

Regular

Played the new album last night and I really enjoyed it. I am in no means a big fan, but this album feels like it grabbed me more than their previous material. I definitely could see myself revisiting.

8. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Gianni likes this.
  9. ryan murphy

Regular Supporter

The closer coalinga is a jam.

Brother Beck likes this.
  10. travisred

Trusted Supporter

I haven't listened to Band of Horses in like 7+ years? But this new album is so damn good.

Jim likes this.
  11. ragnarokstar

Regular

I love this album and cant stop listening to it.

12. Jim

Trusted Supporter

yeah this is how I was. totally gave up after infinite arms didnt click with me much.

13. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I commented this in another thread but I threw the new BOH album on and was nearly convinced it was a Nada Surf album

14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

the opener did nothing for me and felt so formulaic, so I turned it off. hmm. maybe ill give it a real shot.

15. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

"In Need of Repair" is the highlight for me.

Gianni likes this.
  16. ragnarokstar

Regular

Tragedy of the Commons though.

17. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Love the opener.

Maybe a weird comparison but Aftermath feels like a cool version of old Young The Giant mixed with Come Around Sundown era KoL. Kind of love it.

Gianni likes this.
  18. Gianni

Trusted

HOLY SHIT this is a GREAT comparison for that song, and I totally hear it.

Young the Giant's first few albums were SO good too. And I still think Come Around Sundown was way better than people gave it credit for.

Loving loving this return to form for BoH.

travisred likes this.
  19. travisred

Trusted Supporter

I know the S/T was big when it cane out, but I have strong feelings about how good and underrated Mind Over Matter is. The back half of that records is INSANE.

Also I'll die on the Come Around Sundown hill. I'm not even a major KoL fan but that record is 50 straight minutes of bliss.

Gianni likes this.
  20. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I love this album, but honestly I thought Why Are You OK? was pretty awesome as well. I am a big fan of these guys and really only consider Mirage Rock to be a little bit of a misstep. But even that one, when you take the stuff they recorded at Sonic Ranch Studios, has enough great songs to fill up an album.

The weak link on this new album for me is "In The Hard Times".

Gianni likes this.
  21. SimpleMath1979

Regular

This is probably still my AOTY and I’m not sure what will knock it down from that spot

Gianni likes this.
  22. phaynes12

wow, i guess i should give it another try

23. SimpleMath1979

Regular

Did you?

24. phaynes12

it’s on the list still but i’ll get to it

SimpleMath1979 likes this.
  25. SimpleMath1979

Regular

Arctic Monkeys is going to take the #1 spot away but for now this is still my AOTY