Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bamboozle Returns in 2023

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 4, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Bamboozle is officially returning in 2023.

Prepare for the awakening. Nearly ten years since The Bamboozle last graced New Jersey stages, the iconic festival has announced its return to the garden state. A lost but never forgotten celebration of emo and pop, The Bamboozle will be celebrating its 20th anniversary May 5-7, 2023.

While further details are not being shared at this time, founder John D’Esposito confirms the news stating: “We're back. The clowns are safe and home where they belong. 2023 can't come soon enough. Let's get it.“

Fans can check out a special teaser video now on www.bamboozlefestival.com. For more information, follow The Bamboozle on Twitter and Instagram at @bamboozlefest or on Facebook at @bamboozlefestival.

About The Bamboozle:
    Eighteen years ago a scene ignited a movement, a culture, a festival. One that would become a game changer.

The Bamboozle began on the Asbury Park boardwalk in 2003, evolving from the legendary Skate & Surf Festival. It paid homage to the rapidly growing emo scene and over the years hosted more than 600 artistsand 500K fans. Among some of The Bamboozle’s earliest performers are My Chemical Romance, Linkin Park, Drake, Fall Out Boy, Lil Wayne, Demi Lovato, Foo Fighters, Skrillex, Bruno Mars, Mötley Crüe, Bon Jovi, Machine Gun Kelly, blink-182, Fall Out Boy, Jimmy Eat World, Taking Back Sunday, New Found Glory, The Gaslight Anthem, and more.

Get ready New Jersey. Ten years has been long enough.
    more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. zachmacD

Trusted

I’d go to this. I went in 2006 and 2008 and had an awesome time. I’m guessing it would be similar to Warped 2019 with mostly older bands but who knows. Warped tour 2019 was a blast despite Sunday clearly being the better day

Dan Quinlan, marceting and musicguy87 like this.
  3. musicguy87

Why announce this now when it’s 2 years off?

4. transrebel59

Regular

The coolest thing they did were those sets where bands would do a full cover set of another artist.

5. silentc

Regular

I believe it was called Hoodwink. I went to the one in 2010 when the Maine did an Everclear set, Say Anything did a Misfits set and Circa Survive did a Nirvana set and it was so much fun

falafelmywaffle and Brent like this.
  6. IATAvalanche

Regular

cool. well, see you in 2 years.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

shout out to that shit website for giving me a heart attack with sudden super loud gunshot sounds

xenoabe likes this.
  8. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Bamboozle doesn't get enough credit for paving the way for general interest music festivals that boomed in the 2010's (minus Coachella). They essentially used the Warped Tour fans as a base and noticed that kids who listened to pop-punk also had an affinity for pop and hip-hop (even if it was in a gross ironic way at the time). I think I remember reading that Katy Perry was in talks to headline the 2012 edition before there was a bunch of drama over Bon Jovi and their demands.

zachmacD likes this.
  9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

so they can promote the shit out of it and dangle mystery bands in front of you for 18 months and then sell you $300 tickets

musicguy87 and domotime2 like this.
  10. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Fucking classic bamboozle style. This festival was run in such asshole style that in an age where festivals are king...they actually went out of business.

What started off as "cute", with their hints and RIDICULOUS LATE BAND REVEALS, ended up feeling very scammy...as if they didn't actually have any bands signed.

So they're back....for 2023! Not 2022 even...2023.

They had a good thing running from 2005-2010, even further if you wanna lump them in wirh skate and surf

11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i mean personally, i am all fucking over this as long as a certain band is not a part of it.

zachmacD likes this.
  12. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

Yeah, that was a, let's say, INTERESTING music choice at the end there....

Brent likes this.
  13. Phil507

I don't know if that had anything to do with this festival taking a decade off so much as the music scene they based their festival on seeing its relevance decline as well as poor ticket sales for the 2012 edition. As cool as the Asbury Park boardwalk is, it's REALLY inconvenient for people in NYC and via public transportation as well as having limited parking. If they want to come back in 2023 I'd expect a lot of legacy act and VIP options appealing to the people who went as teenagers/college kids who now will shell out some additional $$$ to be more comfortable (similar to the Warped Tour in AC).

14. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

But they moved to the Meadowlands for most of their run. And while asbury isn't mega convenient, a lot of major festivals run in semi obscure locations.

I blame their management 100% on this festival falling apart. Those last 2 years was embarrassing.

15. Isn't there a NJ Transit train that literally goes from Penn Station to Asbury Park?

domotime2 likes this.
  16. Phil507

It's a LONG ride (have to switch at Long Branch) and then about a 20 min walk to the boardwalk.

17. Meltingplastic

As someone who went to the original Skate and Surfs, most if the bamboozles and even the second coming SnS both years (even met a member from here there) I expect this to be a disaster. SnS '14/'15 were both crap compared to what they were back in 2000-2004 especially with the last minute change of headliners. Unless John D gets MCR or other nostalgic band, I just don't see it being worth buying tickets again with no lineup announced. Plus Asbury has changed MAJORLY since the festivals were held there. You used to be able to find free street parking etc, now it's gonna cost big bucks etc to park for the weekend if it's multiple days.

18. Meltingplastic

Interested to know what band that is