Balmorhea Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by vidiviciveni, Nov 8, 2016.

1. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Haven't heard from these guys in a few years and there's nothing on these forums about them, but they make some of the most beautiful, epic and moving instrumental music I know. Intricate guitar, piano and strings in particular highlight their sound. Smoke a little, put any Balmorhea album in your headphones and go for a bike ride, you're in for a good day.

Balmorhea (band) - Wikipedia

Four full albums that I've heard and all are fantastic.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

I love this band. All is Wild All is Silent and Constellations especially. I like Stranger, but I don't return to it the way I do those other two albums.

3. vidiviciveni

Trusted

If you haven't heard River's Arms, its probably their best

4. Ferrari333SP

Trusted Supporter

Duuuuude, thank you for this thread! I've been a fan of them for years, and got to see them live a couple years ago; incredible experience. From the various bits of info I've seen over the last six months, I think they may be getting together again to create a proper record

5. Olyphantastic

I've listened to it a couple times, but never bought it. Now that I'm all about that subscription streaming I should really add it to my library.

6. vidiviciveni

Trusted

New album by Balmorhea called "Clear Language", release date September 22/17. First album in 5 years, color me stoked

clear language.jpg

7. Carrow

Japanese Bonus Track

I thought this was being announced tomorrow but I've heard this and it's beautiful af.

8. Olyphantastic

YES!

9. vidiviciveni

Trusted

What are people's thoughts on this band/album

10. Ferrari333SP

Trusted Supporter

Band is great; album was so so

11. Olyphantastic

Didn't quite meet my hopes or expectations given how much I love most of the band's material, but still a decent release.

12. Fixed Glitch

Regular

Great band. The new album doesn't do it for me. It's just not dynamic at all.