Balmorhea Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by vidiviciveni, Nov 8, 2016.

1. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Haven't heard from these guys in a few years and there's nothing on these forums about them, but they make some of the most beautiful, epic and moving instrumental music I know. Intricate guitar, piano and strings in particular highlight their sound. Smoke a little, put any Balmorhea album in your headphones and go for a bike ride, you're in for a good day.

Balmorhea (band) - Wikipedia

Four full albums that I've heard and all are fantastic.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

I love this band. All is Wild All is Silent and Constellations especially. I like Stranger, but I don't return to it the way I do those other two albums.

3. vidiviciveni

Trusted

If you haven't heard River's Arms, its probably their best

4. sponsor
  5. Ferrari333SP

Trusted Supporter

Duuuuude, thank you for this thread! I've been a fan of them for years, and got to see them live a couple years ago; incredible experience. From the various bits of info I've seen over the last six months, I think they may be getting together again to create a proper record

6. Olyphantastic

I've listened to it a couple times, but never bought it. Now that I'm all about that subscription streaming I should really add it to my library.

7. vidiviciveni

Trusted

New album by Balmorhea called "Clear Language", release date September 22/17. First album in 5 years, color me stoked

clear language.jpg

8. Carrow

(Covfefe's For Closers)

I thought this was being announced tomorrow but I've heard this and it's beautiful af.

9. Olyphantastic

YES!

10. vidiviciveni

Trusted

What are people's thoughts on this band/album

11. Ferrari333SP

Trusted Supporter

Band is great; album was so so

12. Olyphantastic

Didn't quite meet my hopes or expectations given how much I love most of the band's material, but still a decent release.

13. Fixed Glitch

Regular

Great band. The new album doesn't do it for me. It's just not dynamic at all.