Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Balmorhea Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by vidiviciveni, Nov 8, 2016.

1. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Haven't heard from these guys in a few years and there's nothing on these forums about them, but they make some of the most beautiful, epic and moving instrumental music I know. Intricate guitar, piano and strings in particular highlight their sound. Smoke a little, put any Balmorhea album in your headphones and go for a bike ride, you're in for a good day.

Balmorhea (band) - Wikipedia

Four full albums that I've heard and all are fantastic.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

I love this band. All is Wild All is Silent and Constellations especially. I like Stranger, but I don't return to it the way I do those other two albums.

3. vidiviciveni

Trusted

If you haven't heard River's Arms, its probably their best

4. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Duuuuude, thank you for this thread! I've been a fan of them for years, and got to see them live a couple years ago; incredible experience. From the various bits of info I've seen over the last six months, I think they may be getting together again to create a proper record

5. Olyphantastic

I've listened to it a couple times, but never bought it. Now that I'm all about that subscription streaming I should really add it to my library.

6. vidiviciveni

Trusted

New album by Balmorhea called "Clear Language", release date September 22/17. First album in 5 years, color me stoked

clear language.jpg

7. I thought this was being announced tomorrow but I've heard this and it's beautiful af.

8. Olyphantastic

YES!

9. vidiviciveni

Trusted

What are people's thoughts on this band/album

10. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Band is great; album was so so

11. Olyphantastic

Didn't quite meet my hopes or expectations given how much I love most of the band's material, but still a decent release.

12. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

Great band. The new album doesn't do it for me. It's just not dynamic at all.

13. Olyphantastic

Weird LiBrary and Ferrari333SP like this.
  14. Weird LiBrary

Regular

Love this band. My wife walked down the aisle to Pilgrim, so I'm contractually obligated to like anything they do.

15. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I saw them live when they were a full band and it was fantastic, and I've liked all their work, so I'm excited for this

Weird LiBrary likes this.
  16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

They were incredible when I saw them.

17. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

hell yeah

18. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Dang, they're in some pretty elite company on that label. Good for them.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  19. Leftandleaving

Jbent, Ferrari333SP and Henry like this.
  20. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I'm not really feeling anything from their new stuff, but then again Clear Language really grew on me after a few years so I'll be a fan of whatever it is

It's great music for taking a walk to

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  21. Olyphantastic

Good first impression on the new one so far. Stronger first listen than Stranger or Clear Language, though I like both those records well enough.

Ferrari333SP likes this.
  22. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Is their new album The Wind clicking with anyone else? I cannot get into it, unfortunately it bores me to tears. Even with the added electronica strains to their most recent albums, they stayed interesting... The Wind feels like one long plodding piano melody

23. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

The only album of theirs I go back to regularly is Constellations. Will give the new one a listen, though.

24. vidiviciveni

Trusted

River's Arms and All is Wild, All is Silent are fantastic throughout and much more in the vibe of Constellations. Stranger and Clear Language are more electric/electronic but still solid listens as well

coleslawed likes this.
  25. Leftandleaving

Ferrari333SP likes this.