Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Balance & Composure / Foxing / Mercury Girls Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jul 25, 2016.

1. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

I totally agree. I actually used to work at the Space a few years ago and I've noticed a decline in attendance overall from when I was working to now, just being a casual showgoer. It sucks because CT tends to have a pretty lively and passionate crowd because we genuinely appreciate bands who make the time to stop here instead of skipping over us, but the scene itself just hasn't been as strong as it once was because for a pretty solid chunk of time (the last few years), bands have just been skipping here for NYC / Boston and people have eventually grown out of it.

2. fbrrocks

Trusted

Ya I agree college was too big for balance but ether way will
    Be a great show in ct

3. tshreve

Metalicca

Yeah everyone points out that those two scenes do really well. I'm not into either at all, DIY music in this state has gotten way too cutesy and image-based for my taste and I'm not a fan of tough guy hardcore myself. Peaer is pretty sick though

4. tshreve

Metalicca

Yup, I'm gonna be there tonight even though I only bought a ticket because I wanted to see Jank before all that shit happened. Cam has a lot of friends here though, also Queen Moo are huge in this area and that venue is tiny

5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Yeah the CT scene is dope

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

7. workingmandan

DAMN. That's a huge dropoff. Wonder what happened.

8. Matthew

Regular

Set times?

9. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Going to the show in Philly next week with some of my friends. Will be my second time seeing them. Excited.

10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Last night was really rad. Mercury Girls was pretty good, not my style but I enjoyed what I saw of them.

Foxing was really great as expected.

B&C was top notch though. New songs sounded really good live, even For A Walk which I didn't like before at all. The only song I was bored during was Mediocre Love, I would've swapped that out for Fame or another old song. Jon's dance moves were on point and he pulled off the front man thing really well.

Highlight of the night was definitely Quake though.

Also the crowd was the worst thing I've maybe ever seen. They were pitting super hard (fights were breaking out) during the new songs, kids were doing weird shit like doing the worm, taking their shirts off and swinging them around, square dancing and tons of other really dumb and unnecessary stuff.

11. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

Yeah, that crowd was the weirdest shit ever. Nothing compares.

12. SPine

Trusted

Bummed I had to miss the show last night. Hate missing Foxing and I've yet to see Balance, miss them every time they hit Cle. That sounds like a super weird crowd. I'm assuming high school aged kids doing that?

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah it was honestly embarrassing

14. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

saw this last night, both Foxing and B&C were great, although it sounded like Jon was starting to lose his voice and he acknowledged such as well, and both mentioned how they loved being not in America after this week which is pretty understandable I think. Lot of people cleared after Foxing though which was surprising

Beyond two lances likes this.
  15. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Boston show last night was my third time seeing them and the best they've ever been in my opinion. Its been said before but the new songs worked very well with the older ones especially TTWTWM tracks. Kinda wishing they played Fame but we got Lost Your Name which I don't think they've play much in the past so that was a treat

16. cwhit

mercury girls is so good and i can't wait to see them saturday
    i say that because everyone in here is ignoring them :teethsmile:

17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

They were good!

cwhit likes this.
  18. cwhit

i know you made that post i like you justin you know that!!!

19. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

Mercury Girls killed it last night! I like them a lot, just wish they had more music I could listen to besides an EP and live stuff/demos.

cwhit likes this.
  20. cwhit

yeah i'm really hype for a new record.
    some of the members were in the band literature, which was a cool band

mattav152 likes this.
  21. fbrrocks

Trusted

will be at this tonight yay

22. So hyped for this show tonight. Last time I saw Balance was at Terminal 5 in 2014, and the only time I saw Foxing was before I got into them at a literal hole-in-the-wall in Rockaway. I can't wait to see how they've both evolved live, especially given their respective style developments on record.

23. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Going tonight at Union Transfer. The set list for this tour is just too great.

24. SPine

Trusted

Wonder what Balance and Foxing's 2017 tour plans are now that this tour is almost over

25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like Balance will do a support slot in the Spring. Maybe Foxing will take a little time off and record or something