Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Balance & Composure Announce New Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 25, 2016.

1. mynamesgeneric

Regular

Sounds like what ever band who used to be on RFC sounds like now, as expected. Guess we'll see how this turns out.

2. SayHello

Regular

This sounds way more poppier than anything they've ever done. Love it.

johnthegawd likes this.
  3. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Whilst I wouldn't call this shoegaze I get nervous about anything Yip's working on. Hoping for the best but not overly confident about new Menzingers.

Chinesefood likes this.
  4. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Liked this quite a bit. It's a change but still has that intrinsic B&C vibe to me. The vinyl variants also look great.

5. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

I loved the last album and although this was different I enjoyed it.

6. BigMouth Jul 25, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 26, 2016)
    I said it in the album thread, but this song is just not that good, Radiohead did this sound far better years ago. Nothing interesting happens with the song at all, they don't take advantage of any of the new ideas they try out in it. I used to be such a big proponent of this band but after their last album (which was loaded with filler and mostly-boring vocals) and now this, I'm coming close to writing them off as a "one-hit wonder" with Separation and the two releases before it. All the bands with this sound - Citizen, Title Fight, Basement, and BalCo - have all turned out to be disappointing with their latest releases.

7. FreshPot

The Freshest

It's different and it works for me. I listened to this multiple times already.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  8. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

It clicked for me after a couple listens. It's of course a great departure from TTWTWM (which is in my own personal top 5 of records from our current decade so far), but nonetheless I'm excited for this album to come out.

9. web250

I'll change this eventually Prestigious

Really dislike the electronic drums. I'll reserve judgement for the full record, but this is not promising.

Very droning and repetitive.

10. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I like it a lot! And I'm sure the rest of the album will have both, drums, and heavy guitars, I'm not worried. I haven't heard people complain about Radiohead having sampled drums on a track. At least it's something else for them, and as a first single this is probably a bald move - I already have seen so many people disappointed, but I'm sure most just need to get used to it.

11. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Was really feeling that. Definitely moody and super atmospheric.

12. fifpb99

Newbie Prestigious

listening to it the first time i got a mwY vibe in the verse vocals. electronic drums made me step back but not in a bad way... i dont mind them in this song, just wasnt expecting them at first. i like how the verses are very shoegaze-y/drone-y and then the chorus feels a bit brighter when it hits (and is also immediately more catchy). cool song, im into it.

13. shawnhyphenray

Regular

well its at least better than anything else I've heard from them

14. tiny_raindrop

Song is different, but I usually enjoy it when bands try to mix up the sound (i.e. In Some Way, Shape, or Form by Four Year Strong, and GO by Motion City Soundtrack).

B&C is one of my favorite bands and I hope that this album shows everyone how good they really are! Also they're touring with Foxing??? Like come on, it doesn't get any better than that.

Bartek T. and SayHello like this.
  15. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Man these new songs are lackluster. They really lost their flare, sounds way to simple and similar to a lot of bands doing the same thing. Still holding out for final judgement, but Spinning makes this 0/3 with me.

16. Man, looking back on their last two albums, I would have said the same thing about them. These songs point to their most original album imo