Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Balance & Composure Announce New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Balance & Composure will release their new album, Light We Made, on October 7th via Vagrant Records. They have also released their new song, “Postcard,” and pre-orders are now up.

Track Listing

1. Midnight Zone
    2. Spinning
    3. Afterparty
    4. For A Walk
    5. Medicore Love
    6. Postcard
    7. Call It Losing Touch
    8. Fame
    9. It So Much To Adore?
    10. Loam

Balance & Composure have announced their third album, Light We Made, will be released on October 7th via Vagrant Records. Fans who pre-order the album now will instantly receive the project’s lead track “Postcard.” Special pre-order bundles of Light We Made will also launch today (July 25th) at 3pm ET with multiple limited-edition color variations of the LP artwork and merch.
    Light We Made, which was produced by Will Yip (Nothing, Pity Sex), marks a milestone for the band, as this time around they’ve toned down their hardcore and punk-rock roots, to present a body of work that is dominated by soothing, harmonic tracks. The LP’s coherent mood of transcendent moments are driven by the band experimenting with new sonic elements – weaving in dreamy synth chords, melodic guitar riffs, and atmospheric bass grooves and drum beats to hit home the delivery of the songs’ emotional lyrics.

“This album is the culmination of the last 3 years, and how musically the band wanted to be more creative than ever before. We took time off to experience life, pushing ourselves to try things that we previously hadn’t, which in return inspired us to record something that would stand out. This LP is a sonic progression for us, and we’re excited to share it with everyone.” – Balance & Composure

In support of the new LP, Balance & Composure will bring their memorable live set on the road this Fall for a North American headline tour, plus will make an appearance at this year’s Riot Fest in Chicago, and will open for Hum on September 24th in Pomona, CA. Tickets for the Balance & Composure headline tour go on sale this Friday, July 29th. Visit www.lightwemade.com for more information, and see all tour dates listed below.

Balance & Composure is Jon Simmons (vocals, guitar), Erik Petersen (guitar),
    Andy Slaymaker (guitar, backing vocals), Matt Warner (bass) and Bailey Van Ellis (drums).

[​IMG]

2. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Definitely a departure from their known body of work. It'll be interesting to see how this is all received by their fans.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  3. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

YouTube is basically "where's the drummer??" Idk, he wanted to step outside and take a smoke break I guess... ?

This has me intrigued, not sold.

4. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

This is really cool. Groovy.

5. dope song

Christian Romero likes this.
  6. momo32t

Trusted

Like the first single, a very fresh departure for this group. Excited to hear what the product of these past 3 years sounds like. Paying $10 shipping on the pre-order was killer though.

7. trevorshmevor Jul 25, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 25, 2016)
    They will also be touring North America this fall with Foxing and Mercury Girls

Love this song love this band, but damn that artwork gets worse every time I see it

8. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Feel like this might be one of those "They're progressing as a band, and change is bound to happen" albums that will have this argument dividing fans. Line needs to be drawn between progression, and just not having any more ideas to write another album in the same vein of what they've already done. The first two full lengths are so very similar and diverse at the same time, exciting and hard hitting, as well as eery, smooth, and calming all in one.

This track, is a fucking snoozefest compared to what this band has already done. But I will absolutely be waiting to hear more because a single is not a full album and I have faith I will like this album as well.

Chinesefood likes this.
  9. bertbro

Wild how much their sound has changed. Not complaining. Just very cool to hear their progression.

10. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Takes me back a few years I tell you. I can remember how insanely obsessed I was when Only Boundaries came out.

SayHello likes this.
  11. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I will also go to say that the percussion on this track sounds almost computer generated compared to previous recordings.

Edit: Apparently it is? Which is sad. Bailey is one of, if not my favorite parts of this band. I do hope he's still in it and this is a one off track.

12. I like this a lot. Very different and cool for them.

13. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I still love this song so much hahaha

I don't love this song, but I do like it. Drums are awesome. I'm hyped as hell for this album

Christian Romero likes this.
  14. This song is excellent, very interesting direction for them to go in

15. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Some of the vocal delivery sounds a lot like Kyle Soto, which initially caught me really off-guard. The placement of Postcard, and how reflective it is of the album as a whole will probably determine how much I like this in the long run.

16. Chinesefood

Regular

B&C: we need a new record

Will Yip: it has to be shoegaze

B&C: k

17. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Imma like this methinks.

18. Eric

Regular

For everyone worried and/or complaining about this song, the band tweeted "of course we're going to give you the weird shit first." So this song probably isn't indicative of the album

19. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Can't imagine when I felt less inclined to purchase a t-shirt bundle, no one can say they tried very hard with that shirt design. For a band that always had great album art this is sad for me.

Song is good though I don't quite understand why they went with electronic drumming.

20. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

I like the song and think the album art is interesting.

DejaMoi likes this.
  21. johnthegawd

@theinsideoutband

They played another new song recently, i like this one way more. I wonder which song on the track list this is...

22. I think the drums are my favorite part but this whole song is really cool. I've already listened to it a bunch. Super excited for this album and I haven't even had B&C in my head for a long time

23. this isn't shoegaze though

well that's kind of a bummer

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  24. Chinesefood

Regular

Just a joke. Don't worry, you'll get your groovy B&C record.

25. KingofSpain

you can be your own dad Prestigious

I'm into it.