Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Balance and Composure Release Teaser

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

fenway89 likes this.
  2. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Very excited for this!

fenway89 likes this.
  3. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

yesssssssssssss

4. EvanT.O

finally

j0hnnyrt likes this.
  5. christophsays

so excited. since when have they been on vagrant?

6. After how underwhelming their last record was, I'm not really excited but I would like it to be good. I'd like to have my faith in this band renewed!

7. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

whoa! great news. i wonder what the words are from the video...

8. drewinseries

Drew

EvanT.O, Drew Beringer and coleslawed like this.
  9. trevorshmevor Jul 6, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 6, 2016)
    Now that it's officially announced as coming out this year, this is 100% my most anticipated record

InfiniteArms likes this.
  10. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

My thoughts heading into the last album was, "there's no way this band can top what they did with Separation", and they proved me wrong. Now, there's no way they can top what they did with the last record. Can't wait to hear what they come up with now.

11. nl5011

Trusted Supporter

Yea I don't get the hate, I feel like the last record blows away their previous material. Super excited for this.

ship90, Jason Tate and j0hnnyrt like this.
  12. latortuga

Regular

Last album blew me away, VERY excited about this!!!

13. Bass0820

I'm pretty sure their last album was my aoty in 2013

14. JJ Pagan

Trying Hard Not To Look Like I'm Trying That Hard

Is No Sleep even a label anymore?

15. reginaletsgo

Beyond excited for this. I hope they tour this fall too

16. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

very good question

17. RiseAgainst379

Regular

Still play Separation and the Tigers Jaw Split on the regular. The last one had some jams on it too. Looking forward to hearing what this sounds like!

18. SayHello

Regular

Last album stunk. Loved Separation and really did not like the last one. Drowned in reverb, terrible production overall, and very generic song writing. With that being said, the band has said it will be very different and the teaser basically confirms that. Love Simmons voice, so I could see myself really liking this band again if they create something unique, I just hope it's not a Peripheral Vision or Hyperview rip-off.

19. SayHello

Regular

I think they're still "trying" to be, but basically, no. Poor business decision leading to outstanding (obviously unpaid) debts ran the label into the ground. That's the gist of what I've heard, anyway. I think Hopeless bought their entire roster off of them, but I guess Balance's contract was either (A) Up / Only 2 albums (B) Negotiated out of the Hopeless deal (C) Separately bought out by Vagrant

EvanT.O and JJ Pagan like this.
  20. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

Similar feeling here. There are some tracks on the last album that catch me but not nearly like Separation did as a whole.

I agree with another that Simmons vocals are outstanding even as I've grown my musical tastes. I don't think he disappointed me on the last album, it just seemed to lack that something to make them stick in my head and ears.

Confident the next one will be good, but with tempered expectations. Last one might have been a victim of my personal expects being too high.

21. tiny_raindrop

I AM SO EXCITED!!! The Things We Think We're Missing is a top 5 album of all time for me, can't wait to see what they do next! Their tour with Manchester Orchestra and Kevin Devine was one of the best shows I've ever been to!!

22. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

i absolutely love TTWTWM just as much as Separation and don't get the hate for it

and i'm pretty sure Hopeless didn't buy out their entire roster, just certain bands. what bands does No Sleep even have left? Koji is still on there pretty sure. Looming as well. Run Forever, and Lee Corey Oswald too

23. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Most anticipated album now. I can't wait.

24. SayHello

Regular

Are LCO? I thought they tweeted out a while back then we're going to sign somewhere else or put it out on their own? But thanks for reminding me of that band, I loved Regards, that album is so fun.

25. JJ Pagan

Trying Hard Not To Look Like I'm Trying That Hard

I've heard similar things as well. I think A or C are probably the two most likely scenarios. I wonder if all the label stuff delayed the album at all. I feel like they finished tracking a while ago.

SayHello likes this.