Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Balance and Composure - Light We Made (Oct 7 2016) Album • Page 92

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah Reflection is just so massive and awesome

2. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

When he was on a recent episode of Taylor Madison and Jake Clarke’s podcast Jon did mention that he has a band right now but didn’t go into detail about it. I’m curious if it means creeks will will evolve into a actual band or if it’s something else entirely. I’m just happy to see the dude still playing/creating music honestly.

coleslawed and RedDotRecording like this.
  3. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Creeks has been playing as a full band. He said that night on twitter he had no idea what Bailey was up to these days. This breakup definitely seemed like a case of some members wanting to carry on and keep playing music but others definitely did not. Such a bummer, but I think Creeks could be something special if it fleshes out into a full band sound.

mattav152 and drewinseries like this.
  4. drewinseries

Drew

Yeah Bluffin by Creeks has some of his most interesting melodies IMO.

5. anotherpancake likes this.
  6. musicfan10

Trusted

i think bailey caused the breakup, it seems like the other members wanted to continue on? anyone know anything on this

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

lol i knew as soon as this thread got bumped this morning we'd get a musicfan post about who really broke the band up. clock work.

8. mattav152

it was the friends we made along the way that broke up the band, mf10

9. Can absolutely confirm that’s not true.

10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]

latortuga and coleslawed like this.
  11. musicfan10

Trusted

then tell us all what caused it ?

12. I’m not going to tell other peoples business. But it’s stupid to speculate on stuff you know nothing about lol

sometimes bands just end.

13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

For the love of god man please just give this up. Its none of yours or ours or anyones business. Just enjoy the music you have.

14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Jfc always this poster

Joe4th, beachdude and Sean Murphy like this.
  15. congruence

Got a light?

They broke up because you probably messaged them daily saying “ you guys HAVE to stay together forever, at all costs “

coleslawed, Sean Murphy and Joe4th like this.
  16. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

Bang your fucking head

anotherpancake likes this.
  17. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

I messaged them telling to break up. My bad.

coleslawed and MFA like this.
  18. congruence

Got a light?

All jokes aside, Slow heart was amazing and id kill for an album building off that sound (I know they were b sides technically but they just hit so hard). I just truly don’t expect it but every fall I revisit this band and it never gets old so I’m grateful for that

19. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I've heard two sides to Slow Heart, that they didn't include them on LWM because they weren't really exploring new ground and also I've heard Vagrant wouldn't let them put that many songs on the album. I kind of agree with the first one, they sound like the perfect halfway point between LWM and TTWTWM, and all 3 songs would probably be in my favorite 5-6 songs from that whole era.

congruence likes this.
  20. congruence

Got a light?

It was def the label, I remember specifically a member saying something like the label didn’t want the smoke or something lol

21. This band ran into a fucking plethora of label issues and (speculating ofc) I feel like that really curbed their want to continue on as a band.

coleslawed and anotherpancake like this.
  22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Hmmmm I wasn’t aware of that

23. mattav152

I saw some clips on insta of a Creeks show from couple days ago in LA with full band and from the little I could hear, it sounded veeeeery B&C to me so I'm excited to see where he takes this project. Also been listening to his weekly pod he's been doing and he's talked a few times about recording some songs for a new EP with a full band so sounds like it'll be more rock, less of the electronic/acoustic stuff on his other EPs

24. heywassuphello

spare only the ones I love

The Vagrant Records podcast released an episode featuring Jon last week. He opened up about the breakup of the band more than I'd ever heard previously.

Balance And Composure & Murder By Death

coleslawed and mattav152 like this.
  25. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

I've been obsessed with this band lately. Unfortunately I got into them after they had already broken up.