Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Balance and Composure - Light We Made (Oct 7 2016) Album • Page 91

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Jul 6, 2016.

1. latortuga

Regular

Got my yellow and blue galaxy vinyl today, I'm really impressed with the look and overall package. Worth the wait, love this album and very happy to have a physical copy!

2. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

im listening to slow heart for the first time rn. this is excellent shit. a great mix of the vibe / atmosphere of light we made with the more traditional sound of the first couple albums

3. Iago

forbidden chalice.

i cant get into slow heart for whatever reason. never clicked with me, which is odd considering i adore TTWTAM and LWM

4. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

feels like a perfect transition between the two to me. and in retrospect so does their half of the braid split. some of their best stuff

5. don’t do me like that

6. Iago

forbidden chalice.

okay, after many years, i've come around to it now. just for you. call that a slow heart.

slowheart likes this.
  7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Slow Heart is fantastic

waking season likes this.
  8. deflector

formerly pizzatime

Ah yes, fall. Balance and Composure season.

9. Absolutely

10. I had Midnight Zone playing as we rolled into October

coleslawed likes this.
  11. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Nothing better than throwing on some Balance (or Title Fight) on a chilly/cloudy fall day

latortuga likes this.
  12. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Specifically Floral Green. Hyperview is for the coldest points of winter.

Slow Heart rules. Body Language especially.

AgonizingFir and Chcurry182 like this.
  13. congruence

Got a light?

Love Slow Heart and been listening to a variety of their music as the days are hitting 60 degrees, I guess this is one of my favorite bands at this point considering how long I’ve listened and how much I still enjoy it

14. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Ugh, listening to Slow Heart. It's perfect B&C to me. Slightly more aggressive than LWM, buttery melodies from Jon, but without the abrasive production that made TTWTWM an exhausting listen at times. It's one of my favorite albums ever, but I can admit it's way too treble-y
    EDIT: Have I missed any new emo/post hardcore records the last couple years that scratch this itch? Off the top of my head the only ones I can think of are the newest Movements album and the Downhaul record from this year.

15. I wish I shared everyone's sentiments but I've tried slowheart so many times and every time I'm entirely bored by it. Might be my least favorite thing they ever did.

16. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Happy 5 years :king:

Cameron, AgonizingFir and mattav152 like this.
  17. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Thread:

coleslawed likes this.
  18. flask

Trusted Supporter

I Tore You Apart is not really for me either, Jon.

19. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

It’s the only B&C song I like lol

20. Jon/the band seemed to have a complicated relationship with that song for a long time so I get it. The last minute and a half or so is one of the highlights of their career, definitely their peak at the time

coleslawed likes this.
  21. drewinseries

Drew

Been revisiting this band a lot lately. Would have loved to see what LP4 would have looked like. Jon's new Creek release is pretty good, but I really miss Things We think We're Missing era

latortuga likes this.
  22. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Not a big fan of I Tore You Apart In My Head either. I remember digging it when I was younger but I don't think it aged well. However, I'll always remember the imagery of Drew Barringer saying somewhere on AP (whether it be the thread, review, or Encore) that the band's two best songs at the time of LP2 both had "Head" in their name. Don't think I agree, but it's a neat observation on the themes.

I think my top two would personally be Lost Your Name and Midnight Zone

23. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Never really clicked with this band but midnight zone was always a top tier track imo

coleslawed likes this.
  24. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Been using reflection as my morning alarm for the last month or so. Adore that song.

Cameron and Jusscali like this.
  25. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

One of the best