Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Balance and Composure - Light We Made (Oct 7 2016) Album • Page 90

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Jul 6, 2016.

1. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

New acoustic EP incoming from Jon:

2. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

yes please

3. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Sounds Mat Kerekes-like, I can dig that.

4. latortuga

Regular

I believe I have 2 vinyl records still ordered but no update. Between these and my Underoath vinyl I'm pretty bummed at recent vinyl orders. Can things really be still backed up due to covid?

5. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

Yes

coleslawed and jordalsh like this.
  6. things are worse than ever—upwards of a year for production time from what I've heard

Indigo, azzy01, coleslawed and 4 others like this.
  8. mattav152

Great track. The extra bits of production on top of the acoustic guitar sounds great. Would love the full band sound of course though. Partly feels like a B&C demo for LWM.

mynamesgeneric and Mary V like this.
  9. atlas

Trusted

Really really enjoy that song

10. Love it

11. FloatThroughMe

Regular Supporter

Oh yeah that's good. Great to hear Jon's voice on a new track.

12. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Missed his voice

coleslawed likes this.
  13. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Here we go

Creeks full-length I guess?

14. I think Jon said it’s an EP but yeah, it’s out Friday

Yellowcard2006 and Jusscali like this.
  15. EP is fine — mostly just nice to hear his voice again. Really pretty melodies & harmonies too, he’s gotten a lot better at singing in the last few years. As much as I love Midnight Zone and Spinning, those falsettos still sound a little weird to me to this day haha. He really nails them here. Dunno how much I’ll go back to the whole thing but Glue, Bluffin, and Out Of Touch are very nice

16. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

was just going to say how nice it is to hear Jon singing again

coleslawed and trevorshmevor like this.
  17. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Listening to TTWTAM again after a while and I love this album so much. Definitely my favorite era. I know lot of people dislike the production choices, but I think this album has some of the band's best songs for sure. Parachutes, Lost Your Name, and Reflections are exceptional.

latortuga, Mary V, Chcurry182 and 2 others like this.
  18. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

I'm digging the EP. Never stop making music, Jon

19. kkhawk24

Will echo above...brings a smile to my face just to hear Jon's voice on new stuff. Three songs into the EP and will definitely be jamming this on some long drives this summer.

20. mattav152

Cool little acoustic EP but don't think I'll return to it. Its definitely promising to see Jon still making music though.

21. jeremyxbolm

Touche Amore Verified

Jon is my guest on the newest episode of THE FIRST EVER PODCAST

Episode title - 47. Jon Simmons: End of August

Episode Description

Jeremy Bolm interviews singer/songwriter Jon Simmons of Creeks / Balance and Composure.
    During this episode the two discuss Jon’s trip home to Pennsylvania, his time in Knoxville, TN as a child, Christian pop punk, his early love for rap and R&B, joining the church band, playing air guitar in the mirror, his first band The Has Been’s, Easter Kids, This Day Forward, The Erection Kids, the Doylestown music scene, early recording memories, signing to No Sleep records, recording Separation with Brian McTernan, his friendship with Vinnie Caruana, myspace tours, his first package tour with Title Fight, Bayside and Senses Fail, reminiscing about our time touring together, life after Balance and Composure, moving to Los Angeles and making new music with his solo project Creeks as well as Coward and Misery Club, and so much more! The show ends with a very special performance of his new song “Stone Cold”.
    Discuss this episode with Jeremy and other listeners:

Instagram -https://www.instagram.com/thefirsteverpodcast
    Twitter -https://www.twitter.com/thefirsteverpod
    Patreon -JeremyBolm is creating A place to share and discover. | Patreon

[​IMG]

22. I still have that erection kids cd. Siren Records had em up front for free once upon a time.

gonna check this out for sure.

23. Have played through TTWTWM a couple times today, it’s been a minute. Keepsake goes so hard, that bridge has gotta be one of the best moments of their career

Edit: this post felt familiar and apparently I said nearly the same thing like a year ago lmao. Not deleting bc it’s the truth so nice I said it twice

Orla, Transient_Hymn and Mary V like this.
  24. musicfan10

Trusted

What did he say on podcast about balance?

25. You got me to relisten to their discog yesterday. I'll forever wish for a remix/master of TTWTWM because that record sounds overcompressed as hell, especially on the drums. But the songwriting is sooo good.

trevorshmevor likes this.