Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Balance and Composure - Light We Made (Oct 7 2016) Album • Page 74

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Jul 6, 2016.

1. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

That album is seriously like... one of my favorite albums. It is really surprising to me that people don't seem to just absolutely adore it nearly as much as I do. I know that the fanbase in general for this band really loves the first album, and then around here I hear about a lot of Light We Made fans.

At the very least, it would be nice to see them come back and do a proper farewell tour. That's the weird thing about bands from their era of popularity - whether it's them, Man Overboard, Seahaven, Transit... none of those bands did a proper farewell tour - although I realize Seahaven may actually have never broken up, who knows.

latortuga likes this.
  2. atlas

Trusted

If these guys wanted to exist in sort of a Moving Mountains type capacity that would be A-OK with me

jciswhatis likes this.
  3. latortuga

Regular

Just know that you are not alone, TTWTWM is a top 10 all time for me.

ship90 likes this.
  4. musicfan10

Trusted

It’s not looking good as far as any type of reunion which makes me super sad

5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

sophos34 likes this.
  6. SPine

Trusted

Really wish I would have seen Balance before they split..

7. latortuga Nov 7, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 7, 2018)
    latortuga

Regular

Short summary for those who don't want to watch: not everyone wanted to be in B&C anymore and it sucks but he's come to terms with it. It also sounds like he really loved doing B&C which seems contrary to what folks reported about their last few tours where he seemed checked out.

God this video killlllllls me. Been spinning Light We Made since the weather is turning here.

sonder likes this.
  8. flask

Trusted Supporter

I know the production on this gets a lot of flack but I love that every instrument is in the red.

9. musicfan10

Trusted

Wonder which members are not wanting to be in the band? Probably bailey and Jon wanted to continur

10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Well that one guitarist wasn’t even on their last two tours I feel like.

11. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

didn’t the bassist from you blew it fill in on their last tour opening for circa and thrice

12. sonder

eat my shorts, jabronis

I didn't even know B&C had split up...:concerned:

13. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Miss this band. Light We Made is so good. Really been enjoying it lately. It only gets finer with age imo

14. musicfan10

Trusted

which guitar player did not show on their last tours ?

15. I believe both Erik and Matt were absent.

16. musicfan10

Trusted

just wish we could get the full story ? It obviously has to do with the sound the band was taking.
    I think some wanted to be more rock and some wanted to go more mellow like their last record, seems
    like they couldn't get on the same page. its clear that jon is mad about it

17. No man they just weren’t making enough money for it to be a viable thing anymore. These are people in their 30’s that are getting married and wanting to be able to like, buy homes and start families and stuff. There’s no “full story”. Any information being held from us is being held from us because it’s none of anyone’s business.

Seriously dude you’ve gotta drop it. It’s literally been a year of this

18. Tom Lee

Regular

19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Uhhh... When did he even play in Balance and Composure?

20. atlas

Trusted

he filled in on their very last tour with Thrice and Circa

21. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I love B&C, but I really just want to hear Jon sing over some rock music again.

22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

So really he wasn’t in Balance....

JaytotheGee and sophos34 like this.
  23. sophos34 Nov 19, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 19, 2018)
    sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

neither band is active

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I mean yeah.. I just don’t see why Balance needs to “be accountable” because of a fill in guitarist they had on one tour

Cameron likes this.
  25. I mean, yeah it’s misleading, but “fuck Balance” is pretty clearly not her point or the thing anyone who doesn’t know better will likely focus on. It feels like more of a context clue for people that recognize his name but can’t place why

sonder, Joe4th and atlas like this.