Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Balance and Composure - Light We Made (Oct 7 2016) Album • Page 73

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Jul 6, 2016.

1. musicfan10

Trusted

really wish someone had some news on this band? would love to hear them one more time in concert,
    to hear such classics like parachutes, quake, midnight zone, more to me. i just don't understand how this
    band isn't huge and playing stadiums?

2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

are you real?

3. drewinseries

Drew

What a way to come back to this thread.

4. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Did you expect anything else

5. musicfan10

Trusted

sorry guys, i guess i should never post about them. i just thought someone might actually care about them as much as me

6. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Band is done dude

7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

haven't they said that they still had plans for some "final" stuff

8. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

We all care about this band. Who knows if they’ll end up playing more shows in the future but I was at the Boston date of their last group of shows and Jon said it was probably their last show.

9. cwhit

well there we have it. i seem to remember them saying they were maybe doing some more but this clears that up

10. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Just edited because I now remember him saying it was probably their last show. Not quite as definitive but it sure sounded like it.

Colin Your Enthusiasm and cwhit like this.
  11. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Shame since Light We Made was excellent.

12. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

They never seemed to enjoy playing shows/touring though. I think they enjoyed music but the toll that touring take did them in if I had to guess.

13. cwhit

also think that they grew much faster than their fanbase as well

waking season likes this.
  14. Micah511

Or maybe Jon just wanted to be a soudcloud rapper, who knows honestly.

15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Plus the fact they almost died on tour

Micah511 likes this.
  16. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

If there was news, this is the place it would be posted. Since there has been no news, none has been posted. It's got nothing to do with people caring about the band or not.

coleslawed and trevorshmevor like this.
  17. musicfan10

Trusted

I mean do you think some of the band members didn’t get along

18. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

If you listen to the most recent strange nerve podcast that Jon was on, he explains his feelings about everything. Somewhat vague about some things but you'll get an idea of where he stands in regards to BalCo and what he wants to do with his music career in general. He's also living on the west coast now for what its worth.

Also just gotta say it but this band would not translate well to a large stadium show in the slightest. The biggest place I've seen them is HOB Boston (2500 cap) and even that felt too big for their energy and sound.

Its not like you shouldn't post abouth them @musicfan10 . Conversation about their music is encouraged, thats what this thread is for. The problem is that you just don't seem to understand nor do you accept that they're most likely done for good and after posting the same questions over and over in the B&C threads without gaining any understanding of their situation, its hard for people to take your posts seriously. I get your frustration that one of your favorite bands is gone. They've been one of the most important bands in their scene for me personally and it sucks that they're probably done for good but we'll at least always have their records to go back to.

19. Micah511

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I've been listening this morning. This band was so solid, and made 3 really great albums, really switching up the vibe on all 3. Also, the Slowheart EP is super underrated. Body Language is an absolute jam.

20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i listen to TTWTWM a lot in the fall, I will be coming around to it soon i am sure. I loved this band a lot.

21. Micah511

Separation is a summer record, LWM and TTWTWM are both excellent fall records.

coleslawed likes this.
  22. mattav152 Sep 14, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 14, 2018)
    mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

It was quite bittersweet, but I actually just spun TTWTWM for the first time in a while since it turned 5 years old on monday and i still love it as much as I always have. One of the few records I know nearly every word and out of the three LPs its definitely my favorite but they're all amazing imo. Such a great discography too, especially when you take into account all the splits/EPs (I might even rank Revelation as their best non-album track AND one of their best tracks period). I've been missing these guys tons since they ended things to say the least.

johnnyutes, latortuga and Micah511 like this.
  23. latortuga

Regular

Stop bumping this thread, it just makes my heart more broken :verysad::verysad::verysad:

mattav152 and Theemoflamingo like this.
  24. musicfan10

Trusted

If any band needs to reunite it needs to be them. The way they went out is such a shame. My favorite band by far. Every time I put on ttwtwm it gives me chills. That album is perfect

withchappedlips and latortuga like this.
  25. Posted this in the Coward thread, but Jon was on Strange Nerve recently, he announced that his new solo project/stage name is going to be Creeks and that he aims to have some music out by the end of the year.

Not to stir the pot too hard, but he actually did say that B&C might “play some shows”. No timeframe or location details. He lives in North Hollywood now so I wouldn’t necessarily expect it anytime too soon

coleslawed, mattav152 and JaytotheGee like this.