Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Balance and Composure - Light We Made (Oct 7 2016) Album • Page 72

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Jul 6, 2016.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely one of my favorites

2. polyfilla

who can never be sure

NY setlist was perfect. opened with Void and played Stonehands during encore. glad I didn't miss!

3. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

So upset I missed that

polyfilla likes this.
  4. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Yo they need to be playing Twenty Four

5. Aj LaGambina

I would kill to see Body Language live.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  6. musicfan10

Trusted

Body language needs to be played! That is such a great song , how could they not put that on light we made

7. Aj LaGambina

My thoughts exactly. replace "For a Walk" with "Body Language" and you have a near-perfect album.

8. musicfan10

Trusted

It’s a shame really. So many people don’t realize how talented this band is. They could have killed it on some of these tours if they would have played these sets!!!

9. Aj LaGambina

I don't think that's entirely true. I also don't really know what more they could've done so... there it is.

10. musicfan10

Trusted

I just think they can tear the roof off the place on a support tour and gain new fans with these songs:

Quake
    Reflection
    Notice me
    I tore you apart in my head
    Parachutes
    Lost my name
    Midnight zone
    More to me

11. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I think the guy from you blew it had a point when he recently talked about being labeled as emo being a hinderance for bands no matter how positively they're received by their fans and some press. It pigeon holes them into certain types of tours and keeps them in a specific corner of the music world when there's no reason a band like balance or you blew it can't appeal to a much broader audience. When a band is labeled emo it becomes harder to break out of that niche

Jose, JaytotheGee, Contender and 2 others like this.
  12. atlas

Trusted

this is a dilemma I've had with my band where we want to get involved in the emo/DIY scene but we don't really sound like/necessarily want to be an "emo" band

13. musicfan10

Trusted

I agree with you guys. There’s no way balance shouldn’t be able to play for any rock genre. They can do it all at a high level

14. atlas

Trusted

am I going fucking crazy or does this song sound like Postcard? The driving beat, the composition/song structure, the repetition, the little synth riff thing (see 0:51). It sounds like Postcard got sucked through a wormhole and came out as this song

15. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ve had a new appreciation for this record/band... it’s such a shame they are done

16. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I still can't believe I've seen every song from Separation. I'm spoiled.

teebs41 likes this.
  17. trevorshmevor Mar 9, 2018
    (Last edited: Mar 10, 2018)
    I don’t think I ever saw Galena. Ella is the only song I never saw from TTWTWM but it’s just an interlude so whatever

teebs41 likes this.
  18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

The only song I don’t think I’ve seen from Separation is the title track

19. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Stonehands goes hard live

polyfilla likes this.
  20. musicfan10

Trusted

I still think their is a chance they may reunite, especially after jon took questions on
    twitter the other day.

teebs41 likes this.
  21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Oh there’s no question they’ll get back together. They’re poised to be a very talked about band for the next 5 years if they do in fact remain dormant

teebs41 likes this.
  22. musicfan10

Trusted

Do you really think they will????

23. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

If Axl and Slash could reconcile any things possible

24. musicfan10

Trusted

That’s true just hoping for one last tour . I think jon is frustrated with the rest of them for not wanting them to continue

teebs41 likes this.
  25. If this band reunites it’s not going to be any time soon. I could see maybe a couple of Separation 10 year shows taking place in their neck of the woods though.