Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Balance and Composure - Light We Made (Oct 7 2016) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Jul 6, 2016.

1. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

nah, I think it's cool to see other points of view and to see stuff I hadn't noticed before, good or bad, so thank you. It also helps in building a more critical ear for me who doesn't typically notice those production issues

trevorshmevor likes this.
  2. Iago

forbidden chalice.

The second verse of Lost Your Name is probably my favorite thing this band had ever done.

3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Lost Your Name and Tiny Raindrop are dope as fuck.

4. Second verse of Enemy is probably my favorite B&C moment, but favorite song is You Can't Fix Me

zacooper likes this.
  5. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Haven't listened to TTWTWM since the fall it came out, honestly. I don't even remember any tracks on it other than Reflection, which was a solid song.

6. Same. Honestly I love the first two-thirds of the album (sans maybe "Cut Me Open"), but I don't remember anything from the last third. I keep meaning to revisit it. Gonna do that tonight while I play some Civ III

7. Deathco_019

Drummer

I enjoy Parachutes, Lost Your Name, Tiny Raindrop, Notice Me, and Reflection, but that's about it. Don't really remember the rest. Maybe I'll relisten to it sometime soon and see what I think, but I remember thinking it wasn't bad, though it wasn't good either, just right down the middle of indifference for me.

8. I like every song besides Cut Me Open, but could also pretty easily cut Dirty Head. Ella is just kinda... there. Pretty harmless track, but also not entirely necessary.

9. DrawYourMind

Regular Prestigious

So strange.

Didn't realize TTWTWM wasn't so well received. I love that record.

Dirty Head rules

The spider line isn't that bad at all. There are much worse lyrics out there.

10. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

You can always point to other lyrics and say "see they aren't as bad as these" but that says nothing about the lyric at hand

SpyKi, RobbieBerns and FTank like this.
  11. that "spider" lyric never bothered me too much but it does stick out as some pinkerton shit

12. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

"some pinkerton shit" is the best way to describe cringey lyrics in an otherwise good song. good post

13. flask

Trusted Supporter

I'm Swimming is the underrated B&C jam. Love those melancholy verses. Love that crisp hi hat.

Aaron Mook and Aj LaGambina like this.
  14. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Separation was my AOTY back in 2011 but i rarely re-visit it at this point. still looking forward to what they do next though.

15. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

hey, HERE'S a b&c thread. anyone see what that periscope thing was? i only saw after the fact that they streamed something.

16. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

also, i love TTWTWM, ur all heathens

17. indecipherable

levitate levitate levitate levitate Prestigious

that and Keepsake are underrated

i think b&c fans would be into these bands

InfiniteArms likes this.
  18. TTWTWM is pretty great. Plenty of songs that I love but the production is just so loud and muddy, I can look past it but it does take away from some of the best moments. Looking forward to the new album!

RyanRyan likes this.
  19. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

Listening to this in my car the day it came out, and I heard the similarities instantly. Glad you mentioned them.

20. That's the weird thing about B&C (and, by extension, Brand New) though, I rarely like bands that get compared to them sonically

RyanRyan likes this.
  21. DrawYourMind

Regular Prestigious

Civ 3?? Why not Civ 5?

Do you have steam?

You getting the new CIV?

Aaron Mook likes this.
  22. Haha, I just got Steam for the exact purpose of playing Civ 3. I'm not much of a gamer, but I grew up playing it and it's only $4.99

23. DrawYourMind

Regular Prestigious

I remember playing the original CIV when I was a tiny kid. CIV 2 Gold edition was my jam, and I lostm y mind on CIV 3 & 4 BTS

I won't lie, though. I've played CIV 5 decent amount but really just waiting for the new one. I needed some years off after playing CIV for so long.

Is there a CIV thread?!?

Aaron Mook likes this.
  24. I don't think there is! One of us should get on that! Haha

DrawYourMind likes this.