Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Balance and Composure - Light We Made (Oct 7 2016) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bedwettingcosmo, Jul 6, 2016.

1. DrawYourMind

Regular Prestigious

You have a point there but I have never noticed the production detracting from the song writing IMO.

2. Waking up every day hoping for a single release tbh. Hoping we get something before August.

3. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I'm a big fan of TTWTAM. It scratches my Brand New itch every now and then (idk why but it reminds me of TDAG). I particularly love the first four tracks, Reflection, and Enemy.

RyanRyan, Mary V and EmmanuelSCastle like this.
  4. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

unpopular opinion, I really like Notice Me, even though I recognize the faults. I see them. I hear them. They just don't hurt me haha

Mary V and Aaron Mook like this.
  5. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Notice Me is alright

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Honestly I really enjoy a majority of TTWTWM. Just a few songs slow it down, and the mix is not good.

7. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

things we think we're missing was mad underrated, by myself even.

8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

theres no faults besides the unforgivable spider line. rest of the song is one of the best on the record

9. DrawYourMind

Regular Prestigious

What

I love that song.

10. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

that's how i feel about it tbh, the production stuff never bothered me and it was more immediate to me than separation was, even if it's not "better" (i like it better, fight me)(don't fight me pls)
    people seemed to hate that line so much upon release that it seemed to ruin the song for them. i also hate the spider line. i think the song is dope.
    same, bud

11. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

honestly things we think we're missing is much better produced than separation, though its still flawed

cherrywaves likes this.
  12. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I think it could've shown a better range songwriting wise, it was largely the loud with less loud parts. Like, Tiny Raindrops was cool to me. Something like the spacier stuff on Separation would've been cool
    also I just know next to nothing about production, which is why it bothers me very little. I think of it so far as how stuff is recorded and how clear each element is but shrug

13. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

tiny raindrops is easily my favorite on the record

Robk, Mary V and Aaron Mook like this.
  14. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I don't remember how people seemed to receive Dirty Head but I like the way it sounds like it was recorded in a super echoey room, though I don't see them doing that again. Tiny Raindrops seems closer to what they're headed towards

15. TTWTWM sounds muddy as hell and is lacking any punch the songs strive to achieve.

I like the album but the production nears atrocious

16. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

"nears atrocious" implies it is ever not atrocious.

17. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

damn, that's pretty harsh haha. I am actually really glad I can't pick up on that stuff quite yet. I would use the word washed out rather than muddy though, and I always thought it was an aesthetic choice

18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

it really aint that bad

coleslawed likes this.
  19. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Hmmmm. All this talk is making me think I'd like TTWTWM more than I remember.

20. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I can't stand it, I would say it ruins it Hut I don't really like the songs enough to say that. Everything sounds really flat and the singer just sounds off. It's not technically atrocious, but to my ears it just could not be worse.

21. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

I thiiiink I know what you mean by things falling flat, but I'm not sure if I'm right because I attributed that to the near constant treading on the loud side than to production or recording or mixing or whatever
    still think it's dope

22. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

On example is Lost Your Name, probably the song I like most from it, when it dies down near the end before coming back, it doesn't pop. There's no feeling of the band actually playing that. Live I would assume that moment is huge, but on record, it just... happens.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Listening to that album again, yeah Tiny Raindrop/Notice Me/Ella just loses me. Not very good songs.

24. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

yup, listened to it and heard what everyone means for the first time, thanks for the specific example. that is annoying but doesn't kill it for me, thankfully

25. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

ha i hope it doesn't! sorry for even bringing it to your attention hahah